• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1099 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jelantik said:
OMG. What the hell?? I hate TS kit. :eek:

4528bf64_de9f_49ae_a87c_c0411fb05160_670.jpg
Well, good for you, you won't have to spend money to buy it at least.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Get over yourselves, it is a bright yellow. You should know by now that the fluo yellow does not come across well on photos.

FFS, people were complaining about last year's Tour jersey, and most people ended up loving it. People complained about the camo training kit, and most people ended up loving it. People complained about Alberto's pink/fluo yellow/blue combo at the Giro, and many people ended up loving it.

It's just a freaking jersey, it stands out which is the single most important aspect of a cycling jersey. Build a bridge and get over it, all this complaining about a stupid jersey is just insane. The Tour is a bike race, not a fashion show.
Finally someone with a proper brain :)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Get over yourselves, it is a bright yellow. You should know by now that the fluo yellow does not come across well on photos.

FFS, people were complaining about last year's Tour jersey, and most people ended up loving it. People complained about the camo training kit, and most people ended up loving it. People complained about Alberto's pink/fluo yellow/blue combo at the Giro, and many people ended up loving it.

It's just a freaking jersey, it stands out which is the single most important aspect of a cycling jersey. Build a bridge and get over it, all this complaining about a stupid jersey is just insane. The Tour is a bike race, not a fashion show.

I loved the Tour jersey of last year from the beginning, it looks stunning and the original camo kit is cool as well. At least it's proper camo.

But what is that? Saying that a jersey has to stand out at all costs is just silly imo, because that stands out as a garbage thing ffs.

Jelantik said:
OMG. What the hell?? I hate TS kit. :eek: Sorry what was that? a yellow bush? What happen with their yellow flo or the other yellow from last year?? This new color is so washed out.. it's like i want a yellow but not really.. and let add some grey bush for combination that makes either color looks so washed out. It needs a strong color to help balance the washout yellow. Might as well use black to bring up the lighter color. Having light color against the light color... geezzz.. Very disappointed with their TDF jersey this year!! Why can't their designer creates a modern simple design like Giant Alpacin, Trek or sky. I'm not fan of them, but I love their jersey design and color combination. Simple, bold, and modern.

EDIT: the last time I check - they are on a bike race not a duck hunting :D

4528bf64_de9f_49ae_a87c_c0411fb05160_670.jpg

Duck Hunting? They look like paratroopers in Donbass for crying out loud. Cept that the camouflage is completely useless in these colours.

The single most hilarious (not necessary ugly) kit i have ever seen. :D

I love it. Bar socks. And it is unlike anything else in the peloton. It's not f…g black. That's enough for me.

IAM's is the most 'stylish' jersey IMO - especially if they'd let them have the I AM Clement or whatever. i might actually wear it if it weren't a team jersey. But that doesn't mean it is the best for the peloton. I love that I can always find Tinkoff riders without even trying.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
They're trying to use the outfit to take away attention from the fact that Contador seems to have lost upper body weight already
Lol, and two days ago he looked "fat" :D
Maybe the team photoshopped the pictures :eek:
It certainly looks like that, I dont believe he lost so much weight in a few days :eek:

Re:

Electress said:
I love it. Bar socks. And it is unlike anything else in the peloton. It's not f…g black. That's enough for me.

IAM's is the most 'stylish' jersey IMO - especially if they'd let them have the I AM Clement or whatever. i might actually wear it if it weren't a team jersey. But that doesn't mean it is the best for the peloton. I love that I can always find Tinkoff riders without even trying.

I'm (no pun intended) with you on the IAM kit. Very classy design. Now the Tinkoff-Saxo kit? It reminds me of a kit from maybe 10 or so years ago worn by what I think was the Naturino (?) team. Primarily yellow with a design that brought to mind gray seaweed. One of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. To go from the, IMO, tasteful and attractive design of last year's Tour kit, to this monstrosity is just wrong. :(

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Electress said:
There's something very weird with Alberto's knees. I mean, they face outwards? And that muscle on his left leg is crazy.
That's just what his knees are like ;)

LaFlo, if you weren't already so far gone, I would worry about you! But I fear yours is a hopeless case, so you might as well enjoy it :D

I don't think the yellow jersey will look bad with those shorts. The black 'plectrum' means that it'll be a smooth transition. The kit is uniquely slightly batshit Tinkoff, and I like that. The 'corporate' sleek look is so boring.

I did prefer last year's eye-boiling kit though. It took me a few days, but I soon went from a kind of mild horror to loving it in pretty short order.

For me, though, the priority remains that I can pick out a Tinkoff rider from space, which is what I want when the helicopter is giving us panning shots of French castles and the riders are an inch high in the background.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Thinking it's the musculature just above his knees that makes him appear knock-kneed. Always been like that, I think, as LaFlo says. ;)

About when he's wearing the yellow jersey, isn't he allowed to wear solid yellow shorts if he wants?

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

sacrifice&hardwork said:
Change are (*) this might be the Tour team:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Rafal Majka
Jesus Hernandez
Robert Kiserlovski
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*99%

OK. So with Roman(totally changes things) now being able to ride, the team shall (probably) be:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Roman Kreuziger
Rafal Majka
Robert Kiserlovski*
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*The last spot should be between Jesus Hernandez and Robert Kiserlovski but I'm giving the edge to Robert.

TRENDING THREADS