• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1096 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
My two cents here, if Contador can recover he'll be podium minimum, I think his biggest threats come from Froome and especially Quintana. As for Nibali, I don't know, I kind of see him in a similar light to Sastre in 2008, both won the Tour when the competition wasn't particularly high. All things being equal I don't see Nibali on the podium.

Toso is a monster. I wouldn't say they have a guy better suited to protect a GC leader on the flat terrain.
I don't think he will be on the team though, although I would like it.

Edit: and if Tinkov insists on a random Russian even though there are at least 5 better replacements, he is an even bigger idiot than I already thought.

Re: Re:

damian13ster said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:
I'm not sure he will be beaten by Valverde, but it is more likely to occur than not in my opinion. Would bet on it.

We can be very sure he will be beaten by Nibali, or do you think we also cannot be sure he will be outclimbed by Quintana, Froome and Contador? Out of those, Nibali and Froome have shown the strongest climbing in recent years.
http://www.climbing-records.com/2014/12/the-2014-subiendo-como-una-moto-awards.html

"After being hold by another rider for a period of two years, the title of the best climber in the world comes back on the shoulders of the Spanish champion, Alberto Contador. Even if he crashed out of the Tour de France while supposedly, being in his best form ever, he still managed to return and reach at the end of the second week of La Vuelta a Espana, the same climbing level as in his dominating years."

Holy crap, thats the most subjective article I have ever read in my life (and I read quite a bit). Absolutely 0 facts, 0 numbers, just an opinion of an author, and somehow you are using it here as an argument? Because you found one guy who agrees with your opinion and made uninformative blog post about it? You cant be serious?

probably most accurate description ever :D thanks
except the numbers thing 'cause that's what that blog is about. and i'm never subjective there, only here lol.
contador for the douuuuubleeeeeeeeeeeee vamooooooooooos

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:
I'm not sure he will be beaten by Valverde, but it is more likely to occur than not in my opinion. Would bet on it.

We can be very sure he will be beaten by Nibali, or do you think we also cannot be sure he will be outclimbed by Quintana, Froome and Contador? Out of those, Nibali and Froome have shown the strongest climbing in recent years.
http://www.climbing-records.com/2014/12/the-2014-subiendo-como-una-moto-awards.html

"After being hold by another rider for a period of two years, the title of the best climber in the world comes back on the shoulders of the Spanish champion, Alberto Contador. Even if he crashed out of the Tour de France while supposedly, being in his best form ever, he still managed to return and reach at the end of the second week of La Vuelta a Espana, the same climbing level as in his dominating years."

Holy crap, thats the most subjective article I have ever read in my life (and I read quite a bit). Absolutely 0 facts, 0 numbers, just an opinion of an author, and somehow you are using it here as an argument? Because you found one guy who agrees with your opinion and made uninformative blog post about it? You cant be serious?
that's legendary jens_attacks' blog

hype hype hype luv it florry :p

any recent pics of alberto by the way? i'm curious if he will already be skinnier in ruta del sol(route du sud actually lol) than in il giro and by how much
in le tour, he should be around 2 maybe kilos slimmer than in il giro

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

peloton said:
Phew, skimmed many pages for nonsense, again.

Bodnar won't be on the TdF team, he had a double collarbone fracture at Cali. Jesus won't be on the TdF team either, apparently he's too 'fragile'..
Reckon it's
AC
Rogers
Kreuziger
Bennati
Sagan
Tosatto
Majka
A Russian
?
Valgren and Kiserlovski.But Im not sure with Tosso either :(

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:

that's legendary jens_attacks' blog

hype hype hype luv it florry :p

any recent pics of alberto by the way? i'm curious if he will already be skinnier in ruta del sol(route du sud actually lol) than in il giro and by how much
in le tour, he should be around 2 maybe kilos slimmer than in il giro
Alberto pic from yesterday near Lago di Lugano :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG08oKHW8AAoZJm.jpg:large

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
damian13ster said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:

except the numbers thing 'cause that's what that blog is about. and i'm never subjective there, only here lol.

Didn't know that's your website. I check it religiously after every major climb. Most of the time, I'm disappointed to learn the 90s guys were 3 minutes quicker. :p

Why, though, do you feel Gilbert's Cauberg record was more impressive than Valverde's Mur?

Carols said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
brutal pic on the cover of that magazine :eek: , besides that he doesn't look a whole lot slimmer but we can't really judge his shape from this photo :p

The cover pic may have been from the Mortirolo chase back. Not brutal, just in full gas mode :). He looks rested and that is what is important now!
it was stage 12 :)
Contador_Climbing__Giro_Stage12_2015_CORVOS.jpg

LaFlorecita said:
Carols said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
brutal pic on the cover of that magazine :eek: , besides that he doesn't look a whole lot slimmer but we can't really judge his shape from this photo :p

The cover pic may have been from the Mortirolo chase back. Not brutal, just in full gas mode :). He looks rested and that is what is important now!
it was stage 12 :)
Contador_Climbing__Giro_Stage12_2015_CORVOS.jpg

Indeed when PhilGil won by Alberto showed wheels to everyone else :).

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
:eek: :eek: :eek: Jay McCarthy just came 7th in the Dauphine. He should get a spot in the Tour team, I really hope he does but he'll need a super Dauphine. He'd be handy for Sagan and to help Berto in the hills.

SeriousSam said:
jens_attacks said:
damian13ster said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:

Didn't know that's your website. I check it religiously after every major climb. Most of the time, I'm disappointed to learn the 90s guys were 3 minutes quicker. :p

Why, though, do you feel Gilbert's Cauberg record was more impressive than Valverde's Mur?

give another 3 years to cookson and maybe things will change :cool:
don't remember my logic from the time, probably because i think balaverde's record can easily fall(dan martin, but he can't stay on his bike). phil at 100% though can't see anyone going faster on cauberg for now...

and thanks for the pics peeps. alberto still fat then :eek: :p

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Sheesh you guys... "he looks fat" "he looks tired" "he looks overweight".... :rolleyes:
it is true tho :p :p

Seriously, he needs to be below his Giro weight if he wants to win Tour, I dont know if he can make it, there are only 2 weeks until RdS :eek:

LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
Sheesh you guys... "he looks fat" "he looks tired" "he looks overweight".... :rolleyes:
it is true tho :p :p

Seriously, he needs to be below his Giro weight if he wants to win Tour, I dont know if he can make it, there are only 2 weeks until RdS :eek:
I don't know, I can't judge from a video where I can only see his face

Well he sure doesn't look overweight to me!!