• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Matteo. said:
Today was almost perfect.
Team looks really strong and that will be confortable for cobbles and TTT. I said almost because of 4s lost by Froome but i think tomorrow Alberto re-gain these seconds , maybe he can earns more
I doubt that, he lacks racing rhytm in his legs I think.

In fact , i was thinking about.
An avarage ITT , a small gap today.....maybe he really lacks rhythm. But it's.also true that Huy is not a climb for Froome , so he could lose something from Berto

No_Balls said:
Dat massive frame :(
11698691_10153103123649492_2022626433270395835_n.jpg
damn what a pig. I can see the fat on him from 10 miles away.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Kinda annoying froome got the 4 sec, just mentally but whatever got time on nibali and quintana. Nibali will be mad, he'll go full genius on the cobbles. If Contador can go on there it'll be really good.

Now the mur, this should be fun.

Called it yesterday. Beat Froome. Win the Tour. Nibali was due after the perfect luck he had last year and Quintana would crumble in crosswinds.

It's not over for either of them, but they are going to have to recover and it's more difficult to recover a deficit on Contador than to get one. Today was also payback to Astana for the Giro. Felt kind of nice.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Taking such time on his worst week assuming he will hit a peak later, is great. Been a while Contador hasn't had luck on his side. That is very important.

Shi,t never happens to the winner of the Tour.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
perico said:
Called it yesterday. Beat Froome. Win the Tour. Nibali was due after the perfect luck he had last year and Quintana would crumble in crosswinds.

It's not over for either of them, but they are going to have to recover and it's more difficult to recover a deficit on Contador than to get one. Today was also payback to Astana for the Giro. Felt kind of nice.

It's not luck at all. It's being there, nibali's crash was bad luck but at the same time he only had 1 teammate with him, if he had his whole team there he might have closed (was small gap at the beginning)

Contador was up there the whole time with his team, i don't see what luck has to do with that. I don't know what the hell quintana was doing for example. Then again he's a fragile rider.

The only thing that annoys me about those 4 seconds is the mild sense of injustice that Sky did stuff all but sit all day whilst TS created the initial move and drove for the second with Etixx. I think Froome did seem a tad fresher at the end, but I'm not surprised. All helps to settle AC down and get into his rhythm.

Guts n guile. Loved today. Some classic racing.

Re:

Electress said:
The only thing that annoys me about those 4 seconds is the mild sense of injustice that Sky did stuff all but sit all day whilst TS created the initial move and drove for the second with Etixx. I think Froome did seem a tad fresher at the end, but I'm not surprised. All helps to settle AC down and get into his rhythm.

Agreed :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's a good sign sky wasn't riding, means froome was scared shitless for further echelons, he clearly hates this kinda racing while Contador already tried an echelon at 100km. Tomorrow and tuesday will be very interesting.

Re:

Electress said:

I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that Sky were passengers for most of the action and stick man scored off of all the others work......... :eek:

After the initial setback with the TT from yesterday we saw indeed a very active TCS with Alberto in the hotseat and it will only continue from here i believe. Sure irritating with these seconds to Dawg but that happened last year also if i remember it correctly. Now it would be clever to fuel and capitalize on Nibbles wrath to channel this against the onslaught from Froome, letting the italian make the first move and use it to distance Froome on the cobbles and put an definitive end to Nairos challenge. Just follow the slovak jersey and you'll be fine Berto. Divide and conquer.

Seeing how disorganised the other teams are and i am starting to have high hopes on TCS in the TTT later. Hopefully his sensations are better back then.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Carols said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
arvc40 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Great stage, great result :)

Agreed...............

Yes! Especially considering that Alberto was next to Nibali when Bouhanni crashed. Four seconds could be nothing compare to what's still to come in the coming days.

Is there solid info that Bouhanni is the one that held up Nibali?

Just from an interview of Fuglsang who was also there when it happenend

Froome has had a tendency in both last year's Vuelta and Tour to be quite alert on sprint finishes like that and nick the odd second. I don't think it says much other than Froome is fighting for every second and good at holding the wheels in those sorts of finishes. I think both TJ and Uran were with Contador and lost 4 seconds too, or am I wrong?

Carols said:
Electress said:

I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that Sky were passengers for most of the action and stick man scored off of all the others work......... :eek:
Yes I think the praying mantis must be scared for the next few stages...

Re:

cellardoor said:
Froome has had a tendency in both last year's Vuelta and Tour to be quite alert on sprint finishes like that and nick the odd second. I don't think it says much other than Froome is fighting for every second and good at holding the wheels in those sorts of finishes. I think both TJ and Uran were with Contador and lost 4 seconds too, or am I wrong?

Yes. He was between Teejay and Jagger

Re:

cellardoor said:

Good call, this is exactly like I see it. Plus Sky played the vile game of abstaining from the work, when they had just as much to gain. Hope Froome looses big time on the cobbles.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Watching the Finale. I was unaware about the 4 seconds until I saw the replay. The Judges were correct to award the split. I don't think AC would want to give 4 seconds to Froome. But in that weather and on day 2, giving 4sec. to stay upright and healthy is a bargain!

Nibs was definitely caught out there BIGTIME! He has Boom to be his big Roleur and they dropped the ball.

Moviestar never bring big guys to sheppard there man. And today it showed. If they get pummeled on the Stones and TTT. It could be lights out for Nairo.

BMC probably road the best stage today out of the GC guys. TJ is looking good. And this could serve him well going forward. Although I think they should have worked more in the group to bury Nibs & Quintana. To help TJ's podium chance. IMHO

TS rode a brilliant stage. Toso as AC bodyguard. Benatti making splits happen. Sagan looks to be in pure Beast Mode. His bridge after the flat was pure strength. Dare I say it "Classic Sagan Power Move" He could be the monster on the stones AC needs.

TRENDING THREADS