• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1189 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
That's one thing I don't like when people do..... generation does not equal 2 years. It is close to 20. Contador hasn't shown mental straight for 60 years or so...
In cycling, people say generations when they mean around 3-4 years. So Majka is a different generation than Contador. Contador has been at the top for 9 years so 3 generations. During Evans/Leipheimer/Armstrong time, then Andy, now Froome.
Froome is 3 weeks older than Andy...
I wasn't saying Evans, Andy and Froome are 3 different generations. I was stating his main rivals, during each of those 3 generations (= 3 year period)

Well, I guess I am lucky enough to already witness 6 generations of cyclists. And if all goes well I will see 15-20 more generations! :D

Does that sound ridiculous enough to get the point across?

Stopte="LaFlorecita"]
Moose McKnuckles said:
Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:
The number of Tour stages Contador won in his career is a bit of a shame.

What is it? 3?
2009: Verbier, ITT
2007: PtB in a sprint against Rasmussen

Just goes to show that at the Tour, only once, 6 years ago, was he clearly the best climber.
Unfortunately ( my opinion) he hasn't Froome or Pantani mentality ( always try to win )

Seriously, this is just ridiculous.
It's not. How many times has he let other riders take the stage?[/quote]

Exactly , i really don't understand what 's the matter.
he ofter gave gift to other ( Giro 2011), or he has been limited to managing the race, and personally i always don't like that fact
Stop

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

arvc40 said:
Miburo said:
Contador didn't look good at all today, he's gonna get dropped like a stone tomorrow.

Wow !. Your really sticking your neck out there with that one !.

So far i've been wrong about pretty much everything this year, if i'm wrong tomorrow then stick it to me. I'll only be happy with it, trust me on that one.

damian13ster said:
Well, I guess I am lucky enough to already witness 6 generations of cyclists. And if all goes well I will see 15-20 more generations! :D

Does that sound ridiculous enough to get the point across?
Some people consider Andy a different generation than Contador. And Andy a different generation than Majka or Bardet. Does it really matter? Why jump on every little thing you don't agree with?

Re:

Miburo said:
Apperently he still suffered from allergies yesterday btw, that's what one of the saxo guys said on the radio.

On the tourmalet, he looked poop fleur. I might be wrong but it's a completely different face than last year in the tour, that's clear lol
Yeah I read on twitter he didn't look great (he also said he suffered) but at least he didn't get dropped lol
For about half an hour I was constantly refreshing twitter and each time I was expecting a message "Contador dropped" :p

I took a day off from live coverage and just finished watching my recording from 45km to go. Thanks Rafa TCS needed something to smile about and lift their spirits. Meanwhile they lost Bennati :(

On the Tourmalet Alberto looked pretty bad :(. He looked better later on the easier climb to the finish though, thank goodness.

Hopefully with some of the pressure off with the stage win today by Majka, Alberto can get it together for tomorrow which will be brutal. I'll do a rain dance! Frankly I'll be very happy if he can maintain contact!

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site

Miburo said:
SergeDeM said:
BTW, great teamwork for Contador by Majka so far...

You're not seriously blaming majka right? :eek:
Congrats to Majka on winning the stage, but he wasn't there yesterday for Alberto, and after today's effort, he won't be there tomorrow either. If your best climber isn't there to provide support for the leader in the mountains then your team wasn't really that committed to the enterprise from the beginning.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Carols said:
ray j willings said:
Bertie looked alright at the very end. Froome put a little dig in. Bertie followed with ease.......keep the faith people

He did look better, but it wasn't with 'ease'. There was plenty of gritted teeth pain faces going on.

I know, I'm just trying to cheer everyone up. A wee bit of hope. A tiny flicker of light that may yet shine through and give us Bertie fans what we want, Come on Bertie.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting from Riis. Apparently Contador also suffered alot from the allergies in the Giro, and would have won with 8-10 minutes if he hadn't. He's only on 80-85 % right now because of it according to Riis.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
Very interesting from Riis. Apparently Contador also suffered alot from the allergies in the Giro, and would have won with 8-10 minutes if he hadn't. He's only on 80-85 % right now because of it according to Riis.

Source please?

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

damian13ster said:
Year-long allergy season? And he acquired those allergies post-ban?

Do you know anyone with allergies? It's allergi season from May-August.

I have it myself, and got it at age 23. It's different from every person. Some years is good, and years it's fine. But I can say that this year it's really bad here in Denmark, so it should be even worse in france (hotter conditions and more trees etc).

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Ataraxus said:
rm7 said:

Source please?

Live from the studio on danish Tv2. He's a expert there.

Yeah, but conditions at Giro are much different than at Tour. Plus it doesnt explain why he didn't have them before (or werent so bad). It is extremely rare to acquire allergies as you get older (if at all possible, I am not sure on this one).
I think this is just another excuse and pretty bad one

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It was actually sad to see the Contador interview after the stage...

He was smiling and laughing and said "it would be nice to have the legs from last years tour, because they were so fantastic" "I need the temperatur to drop, so my body can feel good again"

TRENDING THREADS