• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Great ride by Nibali. I hope he replaces Valverde on the podium!!! He deserves the place with the way he rides. AC today?.. i guess he is back to 2013 form. He is probably running already his last straw. It's painful watching him out there. Forget about winning the stage, Nibali has the form and attack at the right time. Nibali is the one that makes the race interesting. I hope tomorrow, Nibali will topple valverde. He got stage win already.

As far AC, don't know.. he isn't looking any better. He just hangs there by his seam of his pants. TS should just send everyone to the breakaway and try to win another stage. And AC can come back next year. And forget about doing the double again. Just focus on one, and be good at it. It's tough to see him struggling and want to do whatever he wants but can't. I'm at peace with Contador now. Whatever he'll do tomorrow, still great effort. VAMOS ALBERTO :)

Jelantik said:
Great ride by Nibali. I hope he replaces Valverde on the podium!!! He deserves the place with the way he rides. AC today?.. i guess he is back to 2013 form. He is probably running already his last straw. It's painful watching him out there. Forget about winning the stage, Nibali has the form and attack at the right time. Nibali is the one that makes the race interesting. I hope tomorrow, Nibali will topple valverde. He got stage win already.

As far AC, don't know.. he isn't looking any better. He just hangs there by his seam of his pants. TS should just send everyone to the breakaway and try to win another stage. And AC can come back next year. And forget about doing the double again. Just focus on one, and be good at it. It's tough to see him struggling and want to do whatever he wants but can't. I'm at peace with Contador now. Whatever he'll do tomorrow, still great effort. VAMOS ALBERTO :)

Jup, this

Contador just doesn't have the legs, he tried on the first climb because in he might take time in a big breakaway but uphill he can't make it due to fatigue and all the crashes he's been through throughout this double. Quintana exposed Froome. Contador will come back next year to try and take this one down one last time

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Looks like Contador will be the only one of the 4 who will get absolutely nothing out of this Tour. Last chance tomorrow.

Bertie does not care about the podium. He has attacked for the last 2 days and he paid for it on the last part of the climb.
You can't deny that after a brutal battle with Astana at the Giro and the fact he at times looked the strongest rider " yesterday" and staying up there with the best. No other rider could do that.
If he can recover from today , we know is that he will attack again tomorrow. He's a racer.
Looking how close he has been to Froome ,Quintana etc riders who have only focused on the tour, Contador will be hard to beat next year if he just go's for the tour.

Jelantik said:

Uhm no, Contador is definitely better than in 2013. :eek:

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Looks like Contador will be the only one of the 4 who will get absolutely nothing out of this Tour. Last chance tomorrow.
Yeah, but he's also the only one with a GT win this year already so I say Nibali is still behind :D

Re: Re:

Scarponi said:
LaFlorecita said:
Scarponi said:
SeriousSam said:
He will obtain the best double result of the last 17 years and probably next 20
He had 1-5 in 2011 already :rolleyes:
He will be 1-4 tomorrow
Doubt it, I think Nibali will finish with Alberto and Valverde a long ways behind Froome and Quintana. Those two will fight for the win. I can't see Nibali lose over 1 minute tomorrow, he looked super strong today :)

TRENDING THREADS