• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1421 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

[*]
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto confirms he will race the Spanish championships Road race, I would love to see him in the TT but it seems he will skip that one
Of course it would be amazing if he could win the road race :) but it's not very likely.
How is the route? Since you said he could win

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If he wins the dauphine he'll win the tour. My record is flawless.

3-2-2-1-1-1 then. 1 time 3rd, 2 times 2nd and 3 times 1st. Can't argue with that :D

Re: Re:

Matteo. said:
[*]
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto confirms he will race the Spanish championships Road race, I would love to see him in the TT but it seems he will skip that one
Of course it would be amazing if he could win the road race :) but it's not very likely.
I don't know, but it is unlikely to be completely flat and anyway, only Luis Leon in top shape could beat Alberto in top shape. Castroviejo is still recovering from his crash I believe.

Re:

Miburo said:
If he wins the dauphine he'll win the tour. My record is flawless.

3-2-2-1-1-1 then. 1 time 3rd, 2 times 2nd and 3 times 1st. Can't argue with that :D

Like in 2014 where it was 2nd-1st-2nd-1st-2nd-*-1st

The pattern was there. But he didn't finish the Tour :mad: :cry: (still won the Vuleta though just to keep the streak going)

LaFlorecita said:
Matteo. said:
[*]
LaFlorecita said:
I don't know, but it is unlikely to be completely flat and anyway, only Luis Leon in top shape could beat Alberto in top shape. Castroviejo is still recovering from his crash I believe.
Here's the route (6 circuits of this):

campeonatonacional2016.png

Pretty rolling course, will be difficult for Contador to get away, but you never know in the nacionales.

He said he is feeling much better than last year, but.. what does it means?

We are just 5 days after Giro d Italia... he was tired obviously...later he was to Suisse and take rest...

If he means he is better now than when he started le Tour last year I dont believe him.. he is going to go to le Tour in a better condition, yes, clearly better?, we will see...

"After The Dauphiné, I will have to recover and depending on how I feel, we will apply more or less intensity to my training. I will concentrate on keeping working, but the difference will be that I will take part at the Spanish Road Championship, thinking about the Tour as well as about participating in a one-day race, such as the Olympics, even if they aren't comparable."

Alberto is doing the nationals partially to prep for Rio, getting a 1 day race under this belt. Good strategy even if he can't win it.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:

We are just 5 days after Giro d Italia... he was tired obviously...later he was to Suisse and take rest...

If he means he is better now than when he started le Tour last year I dont believe him.. he is going to go to le Tour in a better condition, yes, clearly better?, we will see...

Of course he is, by a long shot.

His form throughout the whole spring starting from Paris Nice was better than his Tour 15' shape. Try to put things in perspective, it's not because it's the freaking "TDF" that Contador is 'strong/ in top form' which you always desperately try to show.

His 2014 form in every race was better than his Tour 13' / 15' shape by a country mile.

It's incredible this tendency of people to think that everything that happens at the Tour is fair and square, the ultimate truth to believe and whatnot. Nope, it's not.

Re:

Taxus4a said:

He rode the freaking GIRO last year!!! Of course he feels better this year compared to last year at this point. You're a hater dude. Jeebus

DFA123 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Matteo. said:
[*]
LaFlorecita said:

Pretty rolling course, will be difficult for Contador to get away, but you never know in the nacionales.
Oh, I thought Matteo meant the ITT. Do you have a profile for that one as well?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Publicus said:
Taxus4a said:

He rode the freaking GIRO last year!!! Of course he feels better this year compared to last year at this point. You're a hater dude. Jeebus
Ignore :p

LaFlorecita said:
DFA123 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Matteo. said:
[*]
LaFlorecita said:

Oh, I thought Matteo meant the ITT. Do you have a profile for that one as well?

Sure, here you go:

nacionales-crono2016.png

Looks like he'd have a good chance at that; although the hill in the middle is perhaps too easy though. Still, in Spain the competition for Crono is not so high, so he'd surely start as favourite. Shame they didn't go the other way from Ibi and climb Xorret de Cati - then he would be nailed on for victory!

BlurryVII said:
Taxus4a said:

Of course he is, by a long shot.

His form throughout the whole spring starting from Paris Nice was better than his Tour 15' shape. Try to put things in perspective, it's not because it's the freaking "TDF" that Contador is 'strong/ in top form' which you always desperately try to show.

His 2014 form in every race was better than his Tour 13' / 15' shape by a country mile.

It's incredible this tendency of people to think that everything that happens at the Tour is fair and square, the ultimate truth to believe and whatnot. Nope, it's not.

Yes, I think, not so sure, but I think in Pais Vasco he was better than last year Tour, at least with more spark, as he uses to say... but Contador uses to have a peak in the spring, later he go to dauohine not at his beast, just thinking to build up his shape to le Tour, as is logical, and the same of most of Tour contenders... so now he is at his 80, he will finish Dauohine at his 90, and I think he was in last Tour at his 90 of his potential, or maybe more, so now he is not so good, but of course he is better than last year at this moment, when he just finished il Giro, obvious.. although people who came from il Giro are now the stronger for first days of Dauohine.. as Intxausti showed last year, or Amador others...

DFA123 said:
Sure, here you go:

nacionales-crono2016.png

Looks like he'd have a good chance at that; although the hill in the middle is perhaps too easy though. Still, in Spain the competition for Crono is not so high, so he'd surely start as favourite. Shame they didn't go the other way from Ibi and climb Xorret de Cati - then he would be nailed on for victory!
thanks! Yes, it's not 100% perfect for him, but in spain there aren't many other contenders. A shame he decided to skip it :( it could have been a good test for the Tour and would have been nice to take the title

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
bajbar said:
Btw I've been to Risoul 2 years ago which makes it even better. It wasn't there then though, there was just Quintana's face on one of the hairpins :eek:

Yeah I think it's pretty recent, there's his Giro 15' win marked as well

TRENDING THREADS