• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1422 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
bajbar said:
BlurryVII said:
:cool:

CkChsrPUUAA1rfj.jpg

Double post...
Is mssing one... tour 2016

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Sorry friends, I won't be around on July 24 :) I will miss all stages after the first rest day, but usually that means Alberto will win :p

Like, miss-miss? Not watch at all? No bars? No pirate streams for Ventoux? Shame..
Roja Directa? (I love the way Dutch folk pronounce that name :D).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Sorry friends, I won't be around on July 24 :) I will miss all stages after the first rest day, but usually that means Alberto will win :p

Like, miss-miss? Not watch at all? No bars? No pirate streams for Ventoux? Shame..
Yeah miss,Flo is a usual holiday tourist :D

And she says that right,its like Gigs not watching stages ;)

Valv.Piti said:
CheckMyPecs said:
I'm sure Florecita's got a champagne bottle ready for July 24... just in case. :)

Florecita has not just 1, but 10. Meanwhile, by the July 24, if Contador wins, I'll have a plane ticket to NL and whatever chocolate she prefers.
In Austria we always have a bottle of champagne in case the person we want to win really wins, and a bottle of liquor in case he doesnt :D

LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:

Yes I was not around to watch the 2nd half of the 2007, 2009 and 2010 TDF (although I managed to catch some stages in bars in 2010 :p ) and I did follow (almost) the entire race in 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 :)

Well then I'm very glad you won't be watching! :p

The stars are aligning....

LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:

Yes I was not around to watch the 2nd half of the 2007, 2009 and 2010 TDF (although I managed to catch some stages in bars in 2010 :p ) and I did follow (almost) the entire race in 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 :)

I'm scared the few stages in bars in 2010 cost him the victory... :D

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I said many times that contador will crush le tour but i was kidding, i know that contador will have a "hard time" to beat quintana and froome. I'm so afraid that he won't be capable of following froome in the mountains because i think he lacks something...maybe acceleration. Pais vasco was terrible for me, i never see contador so vunerable there, henao was stronger than him and in he past he beat guys like valverde, purito, evans, etc and now he's weaker than henao??? I think he will win tomorrow's stage but stage 6 will give me a lot of answers

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Henao is a beast in one week races. You followed cycling since this year?

He's better than piti or evans ever were in one week races.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

portugal11 said:
Miburo said:

Lol... he isn't better than valverde at this muritos...

Yea he is imo but it's not even about that. Show me what piti has done in one week races and compare it to Henao in his young career. Btw the mur of Huy isn't such a great murito, piti isn't that good at muritos at all.

As a matter of fact, show me how great Froome or Nibali are in one week races? Not that great at all.

Contador and Quintana should be given loads of credit for being competitive in every race they do. Do you think Quintana can't win the tour cause he was dropped in PV by contador, pinto, purito and henao?

Miburo said:
portugal11 said:
Miburo said:

Lol... he isn't better than valverde at this muritos...

Yea he is imo but it's not even about that. Show me what piti has done in one week races and compare it to Henao in his young career. Btw the mur of Huy isn't such a great murito, piti isn't that good at muritos at all.

As a matter of fact, show me how great Froome or Nibali are in one week races? Not that great at all.

Contador and Quintana should be given loads of credit for being competitive in every race they do. Do you think Quintana can't win the tour cause he was dropped in PV by contador, pinto, purito and henao?

In his career Henao has never won a WT or European Tour stage race above 2.2 level. He's 28.

Valverde has won the Dauphine (twice), Catalunya, Andalucia (four times), Burgos (twice), Castilla y Leon, Valenciana (twice), Murcia (four times).

Evans, by comparison, has won Romandie (twice), Trentino, Tirreno-Adriatico, Austria (twice), Criterium International.

Contador was pretty impressive in winning in Basque, where Henao certainly fought strongly and looked decent, but let's not make out that he beat one of the all-time great stage racers there.

"The intention is to go for the maximum: the victory. But the rivals will also be very well prepared, and we know that it is difficult, but I they have to go with this belief,” explained Contador. “I have not had any setbacks, and I have been able to absorb the start of the season, which has been quite intense. Now starting this second peak of form and at the moment, things are going well.”

Going for the win as always :). It's the only way he knows how to race! May your second peak be High and Long Alberto :).

TRENDING THREADS