• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1467 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
infeXio said:
LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Leaving out Tosatto is madness :eek:
Yes exactly.
I mean if they really really want only 2 flat doms at least take Toso as one of them.
This is silly just very silly.
I hope the information is wrong

http://www.tinkoffteam.com/news/tinkoff-hold-training-camp-tinkoff-academy-biviolife-livigno-summer/

Unfortunately, it seems as though it is.
Pffff :(

I agree!

Who the heck is going to get him to the flat finishes safely? He needs a pilot fish and even then can still can bleed seconds in splits :( No Good :(

LaFlorecita said:
Breh said:
Has Contador ever won any KOM classification? So weird that he has more points classification victories.
I don't know, but maybe in some small race earlier in his career.
It's not really that weird, he's never focused on it and the KOM classification is usually won by someone who specifically hunts for points.

Pretty sure he started out doing just that in when he first started racing, though I don't know where I read that

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Breh said:
Has Contador ever won any KOM classification? So weird that he has more points classification victories.
It's not really that weird, he's never focused on it and the KOM classification is usually won by someone who specifically hunts for points.

Pretty sure he started out doing just that in when he first started racing, though I don't know where I read that
In his first years, when he was 15/16 he only ever won mountain classifications because he always attacked but never at the right time :p

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Breh said:

In his first years, when he was 15/16 he only ever won mountain classifications because he always attacked but never at the right time :p

There you have it. Seems like something he'd do at 15/16

Re:

hulkhogansknees said:
No Daniele Bennati, Matteo Tosatto, Manuele Boaro, Adam Blythe, Oscar Gatto, Michael Gogl, Ivan Rovny, Juraj Sagan, Erik Baška or Nikolay Trusov in the Tour according to this: http://feltet.dk/nyheder/tinkoffs_tour-hold_snaevrer_sig_ind/

Bodnar seems pretty certain then, I think.

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Trofimov
Hansen
Valgren
Bodnar

maybe?

That's the most climbing centric lineup he's had since he joined up with the team. Kreuziger stepping into Micks role on the road?

Portuguese Eurosport commentator is a good friend of Paulinho and the idea he gives is that he is preparing for the Tour since the beginning of the year.

I'd say there's a 70/80% chance of Paulinho being in the Tour roster, even more after not being selected to ride the Giro (where it was Jesus Hernandez for instance, the other Contador buddy).

Re:

Ricco' said:
Portuguese Eurosport commentator is a good friend of Paulinho and the idea he gives is that he is preparing for the Tour since the beginning of the year.

I'd say there's a 70/80% chance of Paulinho being in the Tour roster, even more after not being selected to ride the Giro (where it was Jesus Hernandez for instance, the other Contador buddy).
Dear oh dear
What if both Trofimov and Paulinho are in? Oh man

Re:

Ricco' said:

Well, Paulo Martins says a lot of tosh and Paulinho could be in denial/delusional. :p

Re:

hulkhogansknees said:
No Daniele Bennati, Matteo Tosatto, Manuele Boaro, Adam Blythe, Oscar Gatto, Michael Gogl, Ivan Rovny, Juraj Sagan, Erik Baška or Nikolay Trusov in the Tour according to this: http://feltet.dk/nyheder/tinkoffs_tour-hold_snaevrer_sig_ind/

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Trofimov
Hansen
Valgren
Bodnar

maybe?

who would be the road captain for this group? it can't be Contador. Sagan?

Publicus said:
hulkhogansknees said:

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Trofimov
Hansen
Valgren
Bodnar

maybe?

Probably Kreuziger in the role of Mick, as was mentioned above. Bodnar to call the shots on the flat.

If this:
Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Trofimov
Hansen
Valgren
Bodnar
is the team

1 Spaniard
2 Poles
1 Slovakian
1 Russian
1 Croatian
1 Czech
2 Danes

That is quite a big difference with two years ago:
2 Spaniards
2 Italians
1 Portuguese
1 Irishman
1 Australian
1 Czech
1 Dane
Not sure if I like this Eastern European influence :eek: think Alberto feels more comfortable with West/South Europeans

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Not sure if I like this Eastern European influence :eek: think Alberto feels more comfortable with West/South Europeans
I don't think Alberto cares about the nationality of his domestiques as long as they do a good job.

CheckMyPecs said:
LaFlorecita said:
I don't think Alberto cares about the nationality of his domestiques as long as they do a good job.
Of course, it's not about nationality, but people will find it easier to get along if their culture is similar.
He always wanted riders like Noval, Paulinho and Hernandez on the team, even though other riders would have done a better job. What else could be the reason for that?
As the 2009 Tour showed, the atmosphere in a team is very important. I can't help but think he won't get along as well with Trofimov or Bodnar as he would with Tosatto or Boaro.
There were also rumors about two camps in Astana a year or two ago: an Italian camp and an Eastern-European camp.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
There were also rumors about two camps in Astana a year or two ago: an Italian camp and an Eastern-European camp.
Then it's a big failure by the Astana management. A team needs to be united, not broken into camps.

LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
hulkhogansknees said:

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Trofimov
Hansen
Valgren
Bodnar

maybe?

Probably Kreuziger in the role of Mick, as was mentioned above. Bodnar to call the shots on the flat.

I don't know that Kreuziger has the tactical nous for that role...but maybe inherits it by default. Or Contador plays road captain, in which case, there will be a fair number of impulsive moves :D

Publicus said:
I don't know that Kreuziger has the tactical nous for that role...but maybe inherits it by default. Or Contador plays road captain, in which case, there will be a fair number of impulsive moves :D
"This is a good moment to attack"
"Alberto after this 3rd category hill there are 15 flat kms with a head wind, we'll be doomed"
"We don't know if we don't try"

LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
"This is a good moment to attack"
"Alberto after this 3rd category hill there are 15 flat kms with a head wind, we'll be doomed"
"We don't know if we don't try"
:D :D :D

TRENDING THREADS