• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1466 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
That's not true, he was in that PN break on the last stage :p

Ok i rather take Tossato but for the rest there's no one better for that spot.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Tossato is old... i want a team for the mountains, so my team is: contador (leader), majka, kreuziger, kiserlovski, hansen and trufimov (moutains), sagan as a DOMESTIQUE for flat and hilly stages, valgren and paulinho the same

Re:

portugal11 said:
Sagan will win stage 2 so his tour is almost done (who cares about green jersey) and he should focus on helping contador
Sagan doing well here (winning a few stages and taking green) is probably worth almost as much as Contador winning the Tour, so Sagan should definitely have a free role. That said, he can obviously still help Contador.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
portugal11 said:
For me a polka dot jersey is more important than a green jersey. We like offensive riders, we like attacks, no one cares about sprints...
For you perhaps.
99% of spectators see cycling because of mountain stages...(i'm talking about gt's, of course cobble classics are very entertaining)

Re:

portugal11 said:
For me a polka dot jersey is more important than a green jersey. We like offensive riders, we like attacks, no one cares about sprints...

Yeah, it's so important that fricking Charteau was able to win it in 2010. Froome won it last year by accident, without giving a single **** about it. Great prize for sure... Green jersey is ten times as prestigious.

TRENDING THREADS