• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1489 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Tonight I dreamed Alberto and Quintana were attacking in the crosswinds, Froome panicked but Sky brought them back, then Alberto attacked again with the Finnish and Estonian national champions and with Michael Morkov (in Tinkoff kit) :confused:

The Landa dream was way better. Now I'm disappointed :eek:
Well I wasn't the one who had that Landa dream, this was about as exciting as it gets for me ;)

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
That looked like a very hard crash. Couldn't quite tell if he was the first to go down or if it was the BMC rider.
I'm afraid he'll lose time today or tomorrow.

Looked like the BMC rider fell into him, why would he fall if Contador fell to his left and he was on Contador's right.

Squirbos_19 said:
LaFlorecita said:
That looked like a very hard crash. Couldn't quite tell if he was the first to go down or if it was the BMC rider.
I'm afraid he'll lose time today or tomorrow.

Looked like the BMC rider fell into him, why would he fall if Contador fell to his left and he was on Contador's right.
Yeah that was my idea as well, also because you could see Toso looking back before Berto actually crashed.
Anyway, it happens, can't blame the BMC rider, but it's really frustrating :(

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Of course he had to crash like that, he's prepared the Tour at 100%, there's gotta be something that takes it out of him. Then people wonder why he hasn't won the Tour since 10', well there you go, if it's not for the Giro, it's a nasty crash.

Don't know if I'll be watching this Tour, seems like history repeats itself.

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Well, the BMC rider was to blame to some extent, but a better bike handler would not have gone down there in Contador's position
I really don't know. Going through a corner, bike at an angle, when someone falls/slides into you, how are you supposed to save that?
I mean yeah possibly Sagan could have stayed upright, but I bet 9/10 riders would have gone down.
Looks like Trek slowed down the peloton by the way

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Have faith, people! This is Alberto Contador we're talking about.

I mean he's probably gonna survive this, but why can't he never be at 100% without any problem like everyone else? He's tough but not superman.

LaFlorecita said:
PremierAndrew said:
Well, the BMC rider was to blame to some extent, but a better bike handler would not have gone down there in Contador's position
I really don't know. Going through a corner, bike at an angle, when someone falls/slides into you, how are you supposed to save that?
I mean yeah possibly Sagan could have stayed upright, but I bet 9/10 riders would have gone down.
Looks like Trek slowed down the peloton by the way

Haven't seen any replays of the contact that actually brought him down but he seemed to lose his balance. I think Contador and the BMC guy were out of the corner before the incident weren't they? If they were, then Contador could have been a bit more alert and better balanced, because his bike wouldn't have been at an angle. If they weren't out of the corner, he could have gone round the road furniture and carried the momentum from the BMC guy pushing him wide/making contact, instead of trying to make the corner

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
We really should be happy after today, it could have been way way way worse and he didn't hurt his knee.

Hip, shoulder. Eh that doesn't affect your ability to ride that much. The pain will be hard but he'll be ok.

Overally i'm happy for sure

TRENDING THREADS