• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1490 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

matusow said:
Gonne be interesting to hear what Contador has to say about the injurie and how it will affect him. Finger crossed

Contador says that a day that can seem calm can be complicated. He's going to ice his injuries ASAP and evaluate.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
TheYouyou7 said:
How can you be happy, the Tour is over I rather see him lose 2min than crash... He's so bad once he crashes

Game Over

Since the tour of 2011 and 2014 i'm just happy he didn't break anything or hurt his knee.

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's game over here. Generally speaking, if he was meant to win this, I don't think he'd crash in the first place. At the Tour, reason always prevails over hopes and romantic rides / come backs. If it was Giro or Vuelta I'd still believe but the Tour just crushes any hope, he might even crash another time.

People saying that it's all over are certainily the most pessimistic peolple in the world. Contador will be fine for the first real climbing stages.

By losing little bit skin he actually lost some weight which gives him a edge in the mountains. It's all about marginal gains you know. :lol:

Re:

Miburo said:
He's not gonna lose anytime, maybe gain :p

He looked perfectly fine
Whichever way you turn it a crash is never going to beneficial. His body will need to recover, he'll be sore and stiff for a while and the pain will interrupt his sleep for a day or two. You can't just look at him and say "looks fine" and conclude that the crash won't hamper him.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You saw the crash? He looked the best possible after a crash like that. He was never really grimmacing afterwards, he was direclty on his bike.

All great signs

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Yall are too negative. If he crashes which you know he will, you want it to happen now and with no big consequences.

Maybe i'm so positive cause I just knew he was gonna crash at some point. I see it hall full :p

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Merphos said:
Of course he had to crash like that, he's prepared the Tour at 100%, there's gotta be something that takes it out of him. Then people wonder why he hasn't won the Tour since 10', well there you go, if it's not for the Giro, it's a nasty crash.

Don't know if I'll be watching this Tour, seems like history repeats itself.

well, i would be saying the same thing. He didn't get any break, did he?. Every time he has a good form, he wasn't lucky so far. Stage 1 crashed already? that's not a good sign. Now every single stage, I would be holding my breath hoping that he can finish safely. Did he loose seconds to Froome and Quintana already? ... if it's true, that's not making his campaign easier. You have to be lucky too to win TDF, first sign (with crash) doesn't point that way. Hopefully this is his first and last crash. Finger crossed.

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
Merphos said:
Of course he had to crash like that, he's prepared the Tour at 100%, there's gotta be something that takes it out of him. Then people wonder why he hasn't won the Tour since 10', well there you go, if it's not for the Giro, it's a nasty crash.

Don't know if I'll be watching this Tour, seems like history repeats itself.

well, i would be saying the same thing. He didn't get any break, did he?. Every time he has a good form, he wasn't lucky so far. Stage 1 crashed already? that's not a good sign. Now every single stage, I would be holding my breath hoping that he can finish safely. Did he loose seconds to Froome and Quintana already? ... if it's true, that's not making his campaign easier. You have to be lucky too to win TDF, first sign (with crash) doesn't point that way. Hopefully this is his first and last crash. Finger crossed.

I think that this crash came with a good sign also. Huge crash but he only got a scratch.

French TV totally bashing Contador ("The crash was his own fault", "This rider just crashes a lot", etc.) and disregarding him as a Tour favourite ("Tomorrow we might see the first battle between Froome and Quintana"): this is so annoying, I cannot wait for these idiots to be proven wrong.

TRENDING THREADS