• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1660 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I don't know - it just seemed to me as a great team for him like for another fading star - albeit a different kind (and, no I'm not comparing anyone, else than situations).
I'm hardly a cynicist, so DD for me is a nice change for other - more cynical teams if you want.
He will definitely be a mentor for his own team as he is right now, regardless.

The Tinkoff thing, I don't see him signing for them again if still in the game, surely. Didn't he re-sign before Riis "resigned", though?
Or else my logic will take a great hit!

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
What, my logic or the thing before?

Hehe don't matter too much, I'm of the opinion that very little he does except winning a double or something will change anyones view of Alberto Contador.

For my thing, going to the smallest team possible and winning something would certainly not be negative! (But who knows what's what in 2018 with the UCI)

Electress, Carols - like everyone your opinion is welcome here. I don't know about too much of the history of this site - but it seems there is some big hurting from some and I have no idea if it's legit or not.
I'm a Contador fan(amongst others, you can find me saying many positive things about Froome), but most of all a fan of cycling - would be bad to lose you regardless.

What gender any poster is are really not important in any way, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that Matteo.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
WOW.. I'm getting excited - Berto told Spanish TV his future team might surprise us :eek:

Back to Astana after Nibali is gone?
I now can't wait to find out what team is he talking about. Thought he was going to Trek but maybe he is still going there but can we call it a big surprise - I think not - so it has to be something else.

Re: Re:

RattaKuningas said:
LaFlorecita said:
WOW.. I'm getting excited - Berto told Spanish TV his future team might surprise us :eek:

I now can't wait to find out what team is he talking about. Thought he was going to Trek but maybe he is still going there but can we call it a big surprise - I think not - so it has to be something else.
He was chatting with Scarponi and Luisle during the stage today, I know they are friends but it made me wonder

To be fair he said his "future" may surprise us so what if he retires :eek:

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
RattaKuningas said:
LaFlorecita said:

He was chatting with Scarponi and Luisle during the stage today, I know they are friends but it made me wonder

To be fair he said his "future" may surprise us so what if he retires :eek:

DS of Astana :p

Thought about it little bit and Katusha would be somewhat possible as well. They have Rodriguez leaving and why not replace him with another great Spanish rider. I didn't saw Tony Martin joining with Katusha either so why can't this happen either. But I still hope that he could join Astana who is tactically one of the best teams.

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Bahrain, will we get live pictures from the gladiator fights dividing the GTs next season? If so I'm all good for it!

Etixx, Katusha probably likely - DD one year early works for me.

If he goes to Bora I will not kill myself, but close enough.

As it sits now, even Trek would be a surprise so who knows.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Contador joins Bahrain team, he and nibali should peak for the tour.

It would be the greatest thing ever, the greatest storyline in cycling.

The 2 most agressive riders of the peloton vs the skybots, would be something else.

TRENDING THREADS