• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1729 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
C7C5z2oU4AAF8LD.jpg

What do you think ?
Should be more than strong enough uphill but I'm very worried about the TTT. Berto likely will be slightly worse than at Paris-Nice as usual so he really can't afford to lose much time at all if he aims to win.
It will probably be the Trek roster for Le Tour, minus Degenkolb and De Kort. Am I right?

Alexandre B. said:
LaFlorecita said:
C7C5z2oU4AAF8LD.jpg

What do you think ?
Should be more than strong enough uphill but I'm very worried about the TTT. Berto likely will be slightly worse than at Paris-Nice as usual so he really can't afford to lose much time at all if he aims to win.
It will probably be the Trek roster for Le Tour, minus Degenkolb and De Kort. Am I right?
I think it is likely we will see Felline, Degenkolb and De Kort instead of Stetina and Gogl.

Ouch, yeah the TTT is gonna hurt them. It'll be interesting to see how far his support goes on the hard stages. I'm not just saying it to be funny...I do expect him to be second or third. I know it's a stretch, but I could even see Dennis beating him. If it ain't him, someone will take time from him in the TTT and the other medium mountain stages, and he won't be able to take it all back on the MTF.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Just watched Stage 8 of Paris Nice and at around 53rd kilometer going around a switchback just before Alberto and Pantano's destruction you see on the right Froome taking a selfie. This is confirmed after watching GCN. Sorry could not supply footage

LaFlorecita said:
Alexandre B. said:
LaFlorecita said:
C7C5z2oU4AAF8LD.jpg

What do you think ?
I think it is likely we will see Felline, Degenkolb and De Kort instead of Stetina and Gogl.

Add André Cardoso.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
C7C5z2oU4AAF8LD.jpg

What do you think ?

Looks solid. Brändle obviously will be the motor in the TTT, they should at least limit the time loss.

I don't think that they will do too bad in the TTT. Remember that Gent Wevelgem will occupy many of the heavyweight riders on most teams. Brandle, Contador, Mollema is a better foundation for a TTT team than most teams will have and still me of the others are decent too. The problem is it only takes one strong team to be near full TTT strength (like BMC) to completely wreck everyone else.

If he is still in touch, he won't be lacking in climbing support.

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Irizar, obviously. Hasn't done anything relevant in TTs since 2012/13.
why does it matter what he's done in TTs? He can still do a great job on the flat which is where Berto needs most help anyway.

Because with Brandle, Degenkolb and de Kort on the team, he won't be needing that much help on the flat. Plus, Mollema can lend one hand if needed, making Irizar useless.
On the other hand, there won't be TTT.

He'll need all the help he can get in the mountains, because that's where he'll most likely be able to recover time from Froome. In that sense, and looking at the quality that Sky usually displays in the mountains, the marginal utility of having André Cardoso on the team surpasses that of Irizar's.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
alberto wins ttt by soloing away from team. superstrong
alberto wins all mountains after froomeydawgy gets atacked by mountain rabbits and fights and eats them and disappears into mountains to live wildman life
the hunt for the dawg will never find him but he lives very happy life with the mountain lions so dont me sad

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
peloton said:
LaFlorecita said:
C7C5z2oU4AAF8LD.jpg

What do you think ?

Looks solid. Brändle obviously will be the motor in the TTT, they should at least limit the time loss.

The TTT profile looks pretty hilly, they should be ok I hope

TRENDING THREADS