• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1731 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rei_da_montanha said:
Oleg Tinkov is a very sick men.

Oleg%2BTinkov_insta.png

That's genuinely sad. I've dislike for someone certain riders - I could understand a little negativity, but this level hatred is weird.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Matteo. said:
As i said some days ago, it is not matter of GC.
He needs Lo Port win with good advantage to clear doubts about TdF

Probably this, but even that I don't think is a tremendous indicator either way this early in the season. My main hope is that he can just stay on his bike. :razz:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Looks like the best we can hope for is a stage win - yet again! At least he won't finish 2nd on GC, lol.

I'm a bit tired of having him always start at the back foot. He's not young anymore, so he needs to have everything at least going his way. If he starts at the back foot again in TDF, well forget about winning it, maybe we'll see him doing something crazy for the show. But for once, let's win it...

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
LaFlorecita said:
Looks like the best we can hope for is a stage win - yet again! At least he won't finish 2nd on GC, lol.

I'm a bit tired of having him always start at the back foot. He's not young anymore, so he needs to have everything at least going his way. If he starts at the back foot again in TDF, well forget about winning it, maybe we'll see him doing something crazy for the show. But for once, let's win it...

Well if he can't join a top team, then he's always gonna start off on the back foot! It looks like this is what its gonna look like for the foreseeable future. Unless every race he starts is Pais Vasco uphill ITT. :razz:

wheresmybrakes said:
Jelantik said:
LaFlorecita said:

Well if he can't join a top team, then he's always gonna start off on the back foot! It looks like this is what its gonna look like for the foreseeable future. Unless every race he starts is Pais Vasco uphill ITT. :razz:
Or Dauphine-prologue

LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Fans of Berto's rivals are jealous because Berto even as a grandpa is still the best in MTTs! SAD!
Wait what? :redface:
I'm just messing about ;) but mocking Berto for winning MTTs seems .. odd
It was actually quite the opposite of mocking. Seems like I can't say anything in here without you are taking it way too personal. ;)

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Fans of Berto's rivals are jealous because Berto even as a grandpa is still the best in MTTs! SAD!
Wait what? :redface:
I'm just messing about ;) but mocking Berto for winning MTTs seems .. odd
It was actually quite the opposite of mocking. Seems like I can't say anything in here without you are taking it way too personal. ;)
"He can't win anything except Pais Vasco style MTTs" shows a distinct lack of respect and underrates the effort required to win a MTT. Wasn't your post though.

Oleg trying to be Trump, who tries to be Vladimir...almost full circle :D .

Being called a shiite by a total moron should be perceived as a compliment IMO ;) .

Oleg tries to remain relevant. He could have done it by being a smart owner, he failed. He's a disgrace :p .

The truth is that Berto has a crappy team, but there's no TTT at the TdF. Still, against a machine like Sky, he's at a HUGE disadvantage. He can't do it by himself. In the days to come, he'll go and hopefully win a nice stage. That's the good thing with Contador: he will burn the place to the ground.

But he won't be gaining any ground as it relates to mental warfare against Dawg.

July is going to suck...

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind seeing Contador just ride this Catalunya for some km before VPV. On the other hand, I won't complain if he goes on some big attacks. VPV is big win for sure.

TRENDING THREADS