• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1802 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Makes me sad that half of his attacks aren't even on youtube because of freaking ASO :(

The less footage the better to popularise our prophet in the future.

Like Jesus, Alberto could see beyond the Sky :D

"His long range attacks in Paris were Nice, but shooting out to beyond those chains of the devil Sky was a gate that He could never ever quite enter."

There's got to be a futuristic Albert Einstein who will put together a mathematical equation to challenge the fame of E = MC squared, and that will be AC x 9. Of what it would take to defeat Earth's gravitational pull....

without a motor :D

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
bob.a.feet said:
and without stating it, reminding everyone that he still considers himself the 2010 champion.
I love how he's still so adamant about his stolen GT victories
Preusmably, by the same token, he doesn't consider himself the 2007 champion.

Or maybe he wants to both have his cake (steak?) and eat it.
Rasmussen didn't even finish the race :eek:
So what are you talking about?

portugal11 said:
DFA123 said:
bob.a.feet said:
and without stating it, reminding everyone that he still considers himself the 2010 champion.

Rasmussen didn't even finish the race :eek:
So what are you talking about?
I think you know what I'm talking about. If not, just scroll back in this thread to the week before the Tour de France every single year - and you can enjoy all the nuances of the 'how many GT's has Contador won?' disucssions.

Will be interesting to see what new factors will be brought to the table this year.

DFA123 said:
bob.a.feet said:

Has he said something about not considering himself as the winner of 2007 Tour de France? Has he said something at all about it?

Or are you just creating something out of thin air to justify your whining? Yes must be it.

Re:

gregrowlerson said:
Pretty good article from cyclingnews; very accurate imo.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tour-de-france-alberto-contadors-last-roll-of-the-dice/

And what a fantastic finishing quote:

“I want people to remember that I attacked from a long way out, and that I fought until the end to try and win. I want people to remember me for these things. It’s not easy to look at racing now and see these things because racing is always under control with strong teams. If people can look back, go to YouTube, and see some of the attacks I made from 100km from the finish, that’s what I want to be remembered for.”
It is like he is talking directly to me
:)

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't consider Contador the 2010 champion, but there's a big difference between finishing the line in 1st and having it stripped later than not even finishing the race, regardless of your time difference. And I suspect you know it.

DFA123 said:
bob.a.feet said:

If I remember my facts correctly, didn't Rasmussen's team pull him from the race? If that's right, why wouldn't Contador consider himself the 2007 champion (seeing as he finished the race faster than Cadel or Levi)?

It would be great for the race if Contador attacked from far out while still in contention for the GC. I'm thinking of the Mont du Chat and the Galibier, but even that short stage to Foix could be interesting for a surprise action. Ideal would be a coalition between Contador and another climber.

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
It would be great for the race if Contador attacked from far out while still in contention for the GC. I'm thinking of the Mont du Chat and the Galibier, but even that short stage to Foix could be interesting for a surprise action. Ideal would be a coalition between Contador and another climber.

Bardet would come to my mind or Majka but this one would just wheelsuck for the KOM points

Publicus said:
DFA123 said:
bob.a.feet said:

If I remember my facts correctly, didn't Rasmussen's team pull him from the race? If that's right, why wouldn't Contador consider himself the 2007 champion (seeing as he finished the race faster than Cadel or Levi)?
Yeah, I wasn't really being serious. Just getting the ball rolling in the annual game of 'How many GTs has Contador morally won?'.

Hopefully this year we can get the discussion done and dusted before the Tour is underway.

TRENDING THREADS