• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1841 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This reminds me of LeMond in 1992. Going backwards on the climbs. I hate to see it. I wish he had not placed so much on this one race. He's been there, done that. He's had a pretty good year otherwise (really good if it wasn't for Valverde), so I hope this doesn't turn into a "he must retire now" thread. Might as well say the same for Quintana, because he's out too.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
And people here keep claiming he's one of the most likely riders to win next year's Giro. :eek:
who out of these riders do you expect to see in next year's Giro?
And before today he looked at least reasonably decent

Bardet will ride it.
Even if he doesn't, Contador's career as a GC contender is over. Today was another proof of that. Martin and Uran ahead of him is just too bad. Even you, if you can open your eyes, will be able to realize it.

Now let him finish his career with 1 or 2 stages in the bag. That would be quite a beautiful ending.

Unfortunately he put so much on this one race, so it is what it is. Less than one year ago, he totally mixed up the Vuelta and affected everything, ultimately changing the whole race. So even though he's looking bad in this Tour, I think he still has some great rides to give.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
whoah... as what I suspect. Judging from his interview, Contador hasn't sounded that confidence through out the race... He has never looked good on any climb. He is not even in top 10. I wonder what's next for Trek now? Stage win? KOM? Contador chances for TDF evaporates in just one stage. And.. Quintana dropped him! Argh.. that hurts. If someone can drop him with one leg already dipped in Giro, that means his form is so bad then.

TRENDING THREADS