• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1912 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Remains to be seen how he performs in harder stages but if this is his level, stage 3 hurts a lot more :(
Relax and enjoy the carnage he will make in harder stages. Froome is too strong, he will fade in the third week.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Great display today. I think what's most impressive today is his mental strength to go really deep when he obviously couldn't win the stage and almost certainly can't win the overall. Put time into a (fresh) Nibali and Aru. I know it's only one stage but it's the first time I've seen him not fade in a finale for a long time

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
portugal11 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Remains to be seen how he performs in harder stages but if this is his level, stage 3 hurts a lot more :(
Relax and enjoy the carnage he will make in harder stages. Froome is too strong, he will fade in the third week.

crystal ball time
We will see. This froome looks very similar to the one we saw in the 2012 vuelta.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

portugal11 said:
rick james said:
portugal11 said:
LaFlorecita said:

crystal ball time
We will see. This froome looks very similar to the one we saw in the 2012 vuelta.
Really baffling that Froome appears so fresh. Didn't he just win the 3 week TDF? I means it takes a lot mentally and physically to win a Grand Tour? Either TDF is now a joke or maybe we will see TDF impact later.

portugal11 said:
rick james said:
portugal11 said:
LaFlorecita said:

crystal ball time

:rolleyes: :lol:

Although it is only the second mountain stage this year, this already resembles me Vuelta last year... he is right there with the best in short steep climds, but gets dropped in the longer steadier ones. Stomache problems in stage 3 though, so we shall see.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Froome will fade ...the question is can Contador not fade ?

I also think Chaves will fade on the longer climbs .....so hard to see who can beat Froome

I suppose Contdor can try ....Nibali is key if he can get better by week 2

Why should Froome fade? Last year he didn't
With all the short climbs that we are getting to reach, nibali can lose some minutes

Matteo. said:
HelloDolly said:

I also think Chaves will fade on the longer climbs .....so hard to see who can beat Froome

With all the short climbs that we are getting to reach, nibali can lose some minutes
eh cause this 2012 froome not 2016 froome :confused:

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Matteo. said:
HelloDolly said:

Last year he had a very peaceful tour... and he wasn't very strong in the first week. This year is different, he isn't even doing his yo yo style so I think he is too strong and he will pay the price in the third week

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

rick james said:
Matteo. said:
HelloDolly said:

This could also be '16 Froome against a weaker field and without the olympics.

rick james said:
Matteo. said:
HelloDolly said:

Ahahah. And why not the 2011.
2014? Noi, it's better the beginning 2015
All' this debate is meaningless :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS