• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1942 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Red Rick said:
Are you **** kidding me.

No victory in over a year

Best performance in 3 years

And a random breakaway rider suddenly climbs faster than Froome to stay away

Matteo. said:
Oh **** , today he deserved the stage. What a pity!!

LaFlorecita said:
Guys that was it... :( this was his chance and he was so strong, damn it damn it damn it :(

Agreed with all of you, he is just extremely unlucky this season :(

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
and this why people love watching him race , he will be missed

I'm still holding out hope this Vuelta performance changes his mind to ride one more year .

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Are you **** kidding me.

No victory in over a year

Best performance in 3 years

And a random breakaway rider suddenly climbs faster than Froome to stay away
Better than Mortirolo and Dauphine prologue? Probably, I dno.
Mortirolo time was very good, but not great. If he'd started with Landa, he wouldn't have dropped Landa
Dauphine prologue he took 6s out of Porte. Today he took 40s out of everybody. This is the best single climb he's done since 2014, maybe even longer

jsem94 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Hope is not lost. Considering the record of Austrian indurance athletes contador might be the official winner of this stage in two months. ;)
Damn right.

Really incredible performance by Alberto today. Podium is well within reach. Idk, maybe even the overall if he stages an epic coup on Friday.
Come on, this is ridiculous. Yes, he was strong today, but no one really chased him. Something must go desperately wrong for those ahead of him for Alberto to end up on the podium and the overall win is simply never going to happen.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Forever The Best said:
Anyways, probably what Contador did today won't change anything, no stage win, and no movement in GC either. :(
Just a waste of energy. I hope he doesn't waste more energy tomorrow so he has at least a remote chance of winning on Saturday.
I hope he doesn't wait for Saturday only to be 2nd or 3rd behind the breakaway or get dropped from the other GC contenders...
So, tomorrow more! Full gas attack from Carmona :cool:

TRENDING THREADS