• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1947 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Pennino said:
Very strange emotions. Given that there's absolutely NO rider (the ones who should given their position don't even bother to use him for a coup of themselves) that matches his grinta, I don't even want to think about what cycling's going to be next year. This year's Giro we saw it already I guess.

So shall we just be happy and thankful for every day of Contador that's left and for the neverending memory he'll leave to us?

Yes! Enjoy it for soon there will be only memories!

Re: Re:

Carols said:
Pennino said:
Very strange emotions. Given that there's absolutely NO rider (the ones who should given their position don't even bother to use him for a coup of themselves) that matches his grinta, I don't even want to think about what cycling's going to be next year. This year's Giro we saw it already I guess.

So shall we just be happy and thankful for every day of Contador that's left and for the neverending memory he'll leave to us?

Yes! Enjoy it for soon there will be only memories!
And countless hours of YouTube footage.

Re:

portugal11 said:
He can win on angliru. Today he was the strongest again!! Vamos alberto
I don't know if he was the strongest, I think Froome could have passed him if the stage win was at play but we will never know, anyway he was certainly super strong on a climb that doesn't really suit him. Hard tempo from the bottom was in his advantage.
Still, Angliru is almost 45 minutes, normally that is too long for him especially with two 1st category climbs before Angliru. At least the stage is short, that is in his advantage.

May 13, 2015
Visit site

1 / Superb as always.
2 / Level next to 2014 (the best)
3 / Only 2 minutes from Nibali (2nd)
4 / With Sky equipment at your command it is likely that the race was very different.
5 / Only 3 days left and this is sensational!

LaFlorecita said:
portugal11 said:
I don't know if he was the strongest, I think Froome could have passed him if the stage win was at play but we will never know, anyway he was certainly super strong on a climb that doesn't really suit him. Hard tempo from the bottom was in his advantage.
Still, Angliru is almost 45 minutes, normally that is too long for him especially with two 1st category climbs before Angliru. At least the stage is short, that is in his advantage.
Really the Angliru is only crazy for about 28 minutes or so.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto _O_ 3 big attacks on the previous climbs and could still follow Froome's attack and lead for the final 300m :) :) :)
Not waste of energy today?

Do not.
It is a wear and tear for all but he finds himself very strong.
The stage of Cobertoria, Cordal and Angliru is the hardest of the Vuelta and will produce gigantic differences.
It only has 117 kms. (a distance that Alberto likes a lot)
I think this wear for all favors him.

May 13, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
portugal11 said:

It's a pity ... but you do not trust Alberto!
You are trapped ... enjoy this latest show and have confidence for Cordal-Cobertoria and Angliru :) :)
regards

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Best man of the 3rd week.

Please Alberto. One more year?

If the general classification will start in the 4th stage (after Andorra) Alberto would be 2nd to only 33 "of Froome.
Impressive level and he has 150 kms (Gijón) and 117 Kms (Angliru) To "retire".
At the stage of Saturday (seems to rain) he can destroy everything.

Puccini said:
LaFlorecita said:
portugal11 said:

It's a pity ... but you do not trust Alberto!
You are trapped ... enjoy this latest show and have confidence for Cordal-Cobertoria and Angliru :) :)
regards
You're right, I don't trust him after seeing him explode so many times ;) Maybe he wins on Angliru. I very much hope so, it would be wonderful. Maybe he won't :) at least with these legs, he has a bigger chance to win than with his legs of the first two weeks.

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
portugal11 said:
Really the Angliru is only crazy for about 28 minutes or so.
Yeah but even the non-crazy miles count.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
portugal11 said:
He was. Froome can not drop him and before of that contador was on the attack for three attacks against the ridiculous train

TRENDING THREADS