• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1980 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Valv.Piti said:
If I remember correctly, Armstrong also only didn't win a couple of stages. The guy won 5 stages in 2004 and has at least 10 stage wins, Id assume, that are not time trials. Armstrong was by no means boring. Froome is.

Contador took part in 15 GT: 9 individual stage victories (incl 1 ITT wins)

Froome.. also 15 GT: 11 ind stage victories (incl 2 ITT wins)
What's the point?!
No point La Flo, it's pure jealousy, the great one has retired with 9 GT's under his belt and the Sky/Froome fanatics just can't handle that fact or let it go. I actually find it really kind of amusing they care so much about Contador they feel they have to continue to try and down him. even in his retirement. Bless them;)

Aye thats whit it is....Pfft Fifers

Man, of all your wonderful one liners, that hurts! Not, never, ever, will be a Fifer;) ps if it's not jealousy what is it you have against the 9 time 3x3x3 greatest GT rider of this (just past) generation? And don't give me the mini Clent positive cos this would go to the clinic faster than you can ride up Stirling Castle hill!!

LaFlorecita said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Valv.Piti said:
If I remember correctly, Armstrong also only didn't win a couple of stages. The guy won 5 stages in 2004 and has at least 10 stage wins, Id assume, that are not time trials. Armstrong was by no means boring. Froome is.

What's the point?!
No point La Flo, it's pure jealousy, the great one has retired with 9 GT's under his belt and the Sky/Froome fanatics just can't handle that fact or let it go. I actually find it really kind of amusing they care so much about Contador they feel they have to continue to try and down him. even in his retirement. Bless them;)
Even now they have to kick him and his fans. Sad :)

From 16Sep to 17Sep you sent 26 posts in Froome's thread concerning one photo with naked Froome on the bike.
And you were trying to prove how disgusting Froome looked like.
So please do not even try to write anything about kicking any rider or any fans.

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
LaFlorecita said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:

What's the point?!
Even now they have to kick him and his fans. Sad :)

From 16Sep to 17Sep you sent 26 posts in Froome's thread concerning one photo with naked Froome on the bike.
And you were trying to prove how disgusting Froome looked like.
So please do not even try to write anything about kicking any rider or any fans.
1. I think it was mostly defending her right to say it
2. Stop going there

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I'll never understand why fans must pin elite athletes against each other, rather than appreciate their greatness and appropriately assess their flaws. Honestly there's more between their fans than Froome and Contador themselves.

LaFlorecita said:
Serpentin said:
Can`t compare Contador to Froome. Contador has panache like no other and people will never forget his attitude. He won 9 GT on the road, I always believed that he would win one more.
Me too :( 10, it would have been so nice, but we can't complain. And 3x3 has a nice ring to it. 3 Triple Crowns.

Yep. It has a rather nice symmetry.

Re. the power meters, I think he's right. But it really is a drop in the ocean. I do think cycling has a problem which is easier to diagnose than it is to find a solution. What it comes down to for me, is the degree to which it is an individual vs. a team sport. Individual talent, style, guts etc., has always appealed to me more, so I am probably always going to back a structure which emphasises that element. Not negating the importance of some teamwork - I've always enjoyed cycling's strange mix - but the sport always suffers when one team is very dominant.

ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Valv.Piti said:

What's the point?!
This has got to be sarcasm, Contador fans are so obsessed by Froome its not even funny, and i like Contador at least as much as i like Froome.

Carols said:
Electress said:
LaFlorecita said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3kxR6BhnU/

There we have it ! Evidence that Alberto Contador walks on water! :)

Jspear said:
LaFlorecita said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3kxR6BhnU/

I wanna see him in some real clothes! :p

How funny. I want the opposite. :lol:

LMAO :).

If Contador does it would be funny.
Froome on the other hand...

Singer01 said:
ferryman said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Valv.Piti said:

What's the point?!
This has got to be sarcasm, Contador fans are so obsessed by Froome its not even funny, and i like Contador at least as much as i like Froome.

Do you mean 'some' Contador fans?

Serpentin said:
LaFlorecita said:

Great article, he will be missed. Can`t really understand that the vuelta was his last race. Maybe taking a break watching pro cycling is a good idea. Who will you cheer for now Fleu?
Will cheer for many as I always have but I have to say I don't see who could replace Berto at this point :(

LaFlorecita said:
Serpentin said:
LaFlorecita said:

Great article, he will be missed. Can`t really understand that the vuelta was his last race. Maybe taking a break watching pro cycling is a good idea. Who will you cheer for now Fleu?
Will cheer for many as I always have but I have to say I don't see who could replace Berto at this point :(
Yeah, for a relatively young cycling fan like me it is very hard to imagine another rider ever getting hyped like Berto again. But then again, I'm sure new champions will emerge and there will be new fan favorites. It might take a few years but I'm sure everyone will get someone to cheer for again.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Serpentin said:
LaFlorecita said:

Nibali is the only one left from the climbers that emulates Contador's fighting spirit. Lombardia this year was a thing of beauty.

LaFlorecita said:
Serpentin said:
LaFlorecita said:

You don't have to explain yourself.................I think we get it !