• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2002 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rick james said:
Lance knows Bertie better than anyone on this forum.....pretty fun

Considering for the most part no one knows anything about anyone else on this forum, and just recently you made a post criticizing someone else for posting something while they were safely hiding behind their anonymity, your post comes across as strange but of course typical.

Re: Re:

Angliru said:
rick james said:

Considering for the most part no one knows anything about anyone else on this forum, and just recently you made a post criticizing someone else for posting something while they were safely hiding behind their anonymity, your post comes across as strange but of course typical.
but what i'm saying is true, no one on here knows bertie, Lance does...so Bertie is a w@nker

rick james said:
Angliru said:
rick james said:

but what i'm saying is true, no one on here knows bertie, Lance does...so Bertie is a w@nker

Bruyneel knows him better than Armstrong, and he refused to go there. In fact, Bertie and Lance had very little contact before the 2009 Tour as has been well documented in Bill Strickland's book Tour de Lance, and Lance played so many mind games when they were together that it’s no surprise Alberto reacted the way he did.

Re:

rick james said:
I like Bertie, he's a dog lover...just saying Lance knows him better than anyone here

Just because he knows someone better then we do does not make the statement true. When you say dislike, and I say dislike because we have no hard proof Lance hates Alberto, you get rose tinted glasses and dislike anything to do with that person and Lance's own opinion.

Lance's (possibly) disliking Alberto is easily explained, not by Berto being a w*nker but by Berto humiliating Lance and refusing to give in to his bullying behaviour... Lance doesn't know Alberto half as well as many others in the peloton and involved in cycling, and he seems pretty well liked by them...

SHAD0W93 said:
rick james said:
I like Bertie, he's a dog lover...just saying Lance knows him better than anyone here

Just because he knows someone better then we do does not make the statement true. When you say dislike, and I say dislike because we have no hard proof Lance hates Alberto, you get rose tinted glasses and dislike anything to do with that person and Lance's own opinion.
No one is talking about hating anyone all I’m saying is lance thinks Bertie is a wank#r and he knows him best

rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
Hincapie knows him just as well and seems to think Lance's hatred towards Contador is hilarious. But sure, take Lance's word for it, Contador is a w*nker :rolleyes:
It is hilarious

come on Rick, its just Lances feud with Bertie, and can we really trust what Lance says

rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:
rick james said:

No one is talking about hating anyone all I’m saying is lance thinks Bertie is a wank#r and he knows him best

No, what I am saying is if you either dislike or hate someone everything they do becomes rose tinted. Lance dislikes Alberto from 2009 Tour and Lance has shown his character of what he says and does to people he dislikes. That is his opinion of Alberto and anyone no matter how much they know someone can have an opinion. His opinion that Alberto is a wanker stems from his dislike and/or hatred of Alberto.

Take for example, I am suing my former bestfriend and wife who was also my bestfriend for screwing me over and accusing me of things I did not do. I thought the world of them before that and know anything they do I show dislike to it. In my opinion they are the worst possible people you can meet. You have not meet them but are able to for your own opinion on the 2 of them and you are allowed that.

Meh, don't feed the troll - there's nothing to prove to RJ. He has blinkers and won't hear it. RJ seems to be pleased to find someone "famous" (Lance) that doesn't like Alberto and thus seems to think it proves Contador's a w*nker in all cases. I think RJ doesn't mind Alberto, and is doing this to rile up Alberto fans, in a kind of strange "revenge" tactic for everyone who craps on his favorite sky rider/s - even though that's not necessarily Alberto fans. I guess it makes him feel a little superior to Alberto fans, or something...

Personally I can understand why Lance might think that, since he was humiliated by Alberto refusing to bow down to him and trouncing him in 09, though I'm not sure it's so classy of him to say it twice (in 2 different podcasts), when last year he simply said something along the lines of 'he's not my favorite person'. Lance is perhaps getting a little over-confident with the podcasts' popularity, methinks! Losing his erm.. humbleness...!

Re:

rick james said:

My point is how can you say this when you don't know anything about anyone here to have any idea on what and who they know personally. Contador's brother Fran could be posting on here anonymously for all we know! For you to agree with Lance's description of Contador as a "w@nker" and then say that you like Contador because he's a dog lover simply makes your entire script bs.

rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:
rick james said:

So you choose to ignore the obvious possible reasons behind Lance's opinion of Contador, apparently because it feeds into your own previously formulated thoughts on him...and because it's hilarious? And you have the audacity to get indignant when people take the low road regarding your beloved Sky and Froome. What a prize.

del1962 said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
Hincapie knows him just as well and seems to think Lance's hatred towards Contador is hilarious. But sure, take Lance's word for it, Contador is a w*nker :rolleyes:
It is hilarious

come on Rick, its just Lances feud with Bertie, and can we really trust what Lance says

Well we can probably appreciate his analysis of the racing itself but when it comes to his opinion of personalities that didn't bow down to his majestic greatness, yeah we shouldn't really trust him! :D

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
no idea why anyone would give a damn what that piece of trash Armstrong says , it's sad he's still bitter over Bertie not throwing the Tour for him , not that he would have won anyway

if anyone should be bitter it should be AC since i still believe Armstrong had his buddies ban him , too bad he didn't ride for a huge money team who would have paid to have the rules changed for him

anyway, it's all water under the bridge and AC is still very much respected unlike Lance who is no longer wanted anywhere near the sport

If you're angry about Lance now then read this (from another user on the forum):
"MSNBC reported Armstrong cleated $1 million in sales for his podcast and merchandising in the 3 weeks of the Tour :cool:"

Meanwhile Sky reigned in just about 700k in prize money and they were by far the best earning team, the top 5 being:
Team Sky €728,630
Sunweb €245,280
LottoNL-Jumbo €190,980
Quick-Step Floors €145,070
Bora-Hansgrohe €125,900
EF Education First Drapac €14,420

Source: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/how-much-money-riders-win-tour-de-france-254417

Re:

red zone said:
no idea why anyone would give a damn what that piece of trash Armstrong says , it's sad he's still bitter over Bertie not throwing the Tour for him , not that he would have won anyway

if anyone should be bitter it should be AC since i still believe Armstrong had his buddies ban him , too bad he didn't ride for a huge money team who would have paid to have the rules changed for him

anyway, it's all water under the bridge and AC is still very much respected unlike Lance who is no longer wanted anywhere near the sport

EXACTLY. Lance is one of cycling's biggest pieces of dirty laundry. Who cares what he says? Obviously some people who want to believe the worst about other riders.

Alberto is flourishing in retirement; Lance is a pariah!

Re:

Lequack said:
If you're angry about Lance now then read this (from another user on the forum):
"MSNBC reported Armstrong cleated $1 million in sales for his podcast and merchandising in the 3 weeks of the Tour :cool:"

Meanwhile Sky reigned in just about 700k in prize money and they were by far the best earning team, the top 5 being:
Team Sky €728,630
Sunweb €245,280
LottoNL-Jumbo €190,980
Bora-Hansgrohe €125,900

Source: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/how-much-money-riders-win-tour-de-france-254417

What does Lances cheating (as always) and team TdF earnings have to do with Alberto Contador? Just asking :)

Carols said:
Lequack said:

Team Sky €728,630
Sunweb €245,280
LottoNL-Jumbo €190,980
Bora-Hansgrohe €125,900

What does Lances cheating (as always) and team TdF earnings have to do with Alberto Contador? Just asking :)

Well by creating controversy he gains viewers and more cash :)
It's a great marketing strategy.

Lequack said:
Carols said:
Lequack said:

Team Sky €728,630
Sunweb €245,280
LottoNL-Jumbo €190,980
Bora-Hansgrohe €125,900

Who Lance? This is the Alberto thread.

Carols said:
Lequack said:
Carols said:
Lequack said:

Team Sky €728,630
Sunweb €245,280
LottoNL-Jumbo €190,980
Bora-Hansgrohe €125,900

Who Lance? This is the Alberto thread.

Yes but the last two pages have been about Lance for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS