• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lol.

Alberto to win Vuelta 8/11
Alberto to win Tour 2013 5/4
Alberto to win a Tour before 2020 4/7

But these are the odds from before Andy decided to participate in la Vuelta. I cant find anything up to date but my guess is that they're something like 11/5 both? Maybe Alberto 11/7 and Andy 11/5. I don't know anything about betting odds lol. But most of the time they give a good indication of who are the biggest favourites.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
If what u wanna say is what I think it is this is not the forum for it.

No not at all Cimber, I don´t imply doping, just implying that Riis or rather the team Saxo bank somehow always manage to get the best out of their riders, more than other teams seems to be able to with the same riders.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Andy did his best Tours with Bjarne... Maybe he should go back (and be domestique for Alberto :p)

As with Fabian, who I would really love to see back with Saxo.
Andy back with Riis :eek: loool naaaaa they are way beyond return Flo, and to be honest there are far better alternatives out there than Andy, Rolland just to name one.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Fidolix said:
No not at all Cimber, I don´t imply doping, just implying that Riis or rather the team Saxo bank somehow always manage to get the best out of their riders, more than other teams seems to be able to with the same riders.

Sorry I misunderstood you then. Yep you are quite right. Though there are some exceptions: Bartoli, Tafi, Van Bondt, McGee, Van Goolen, Luttenberger, McCartney for example. He likes to take riders in who are presumed to be over the hill and reboost their carreers (like Julich, O´Grady and Jalabert)

He is also pretty successful with younger riders, but alot of them seem to leave him fast enough (money could be a reason - Porte and Gerdeman fx). So might be budget restrains that made him focus on older (cheap) over-the-hill riders.

Fidolix said:
As with Fabian, who I would really love to see back with Saxo.
Andy back with Riis :eek: loool naaaaa they are way beyond return Flo, and to be honest there are far better alternatives out there than Andy, Rolland just to name one.

Oh yes Fabian and Jakob and Matti back would be awesome.

Bjarne doesn't even want Andy he's got Alberto now who is much better and has a much better attitude and is much more serious. Bjarne really enjoys working with Alberto and I hope they stay together forever. Also I hope Bjarne gets his son Thomas on the team in a few years time so that Alberto can race with him.

And yes you are onto something there, there are much better domestiques because Andy is way too arrogant to help others of course because he thinks he is the best. A bit like LA in 2009 only LA had the results and the history to back up his claims.

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
A short climb at the end of stage 6 of la vuelta.

Why have you stopped your Contador return countdown?

Can't wait to see him back in the Peleton. It will be good to see him riding relaxed as well (without the Clen scenario at the back of his mind). Regardless of the ultimate outcome, it must have weighed heavy and affected his performances post August 2010. Saying that, he still he managed to destroy the Giro (with the tribunal outcome looming)!

Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Why have you stopped your Contador return countdown?

Can't wait to see him back in the Peleton. It will be good to see him riding relaxed as well (without the Clen scenario at the back of his mind). Regardless of the ultimate outcome, it must have weighed heavy and affected his performances post August 2010. Saying that, he still he managed to destroy the Giro (with the tribunal outcome looming)!

Because I can't finish it anyway. I will be on a holiday from the 25th to the 17th (so I'll miss his return, sniff :(). And a lot of people didn't really appreciate it :D

Yeah it will be interesting to see what he can do completely relaxed. Although he does perform better under pressure what happened to him the last two years can't have been good for him. He also slept really bad, and stress is never good.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
130px-Charlie_chaplin_karno_portrait.jpg

TRENDING THREADS