• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
stampedingviking said:
If that's aimed at me you are totally wrong, I started watching in the late 80s. I hate all dopers/cheaters and think they should all get a lifetime ban (and that includes Millar before you spout any more rubbish).

All I ask for is proof, not just internet (read unfounded) allegations. That's one thing I do agree with Wiggins about, he was spot on with his comments.

Why do you have to keep on about doping in Prr section?

stampedingviking said:
If that's aimed at me you are totally wrong, I started watching in the late 80s. I hate all dopers/cheaters and think they should all get a lifetime ban (and that includes Millar before you spout any more rubbish).

All I ask for is proof, not just internet (read unfounded) allegations. That's one thing I do agree with Wiggins about, he was spot on with his comments.

Clinic----->

stampedingviking said:

Wiggins comments that any team with a doping doctor should not be invited to the tour are not unfounded allegations. They were very real and can be found online in his 2007 speech, along with his comments that all tdf winners deserve scepticsm giving us the right to speculate all we want, regardless of how much his position on the subject has changed since he met Lance who he sitll regards as the hero.

Publicus said:
Clinic----->

Anytime a troll comes in here with these clinic baits, report them. The mods have proved very fair with regards to deleting comments from people posting clinic and even sanctioning those who know the rules but do it deliberately nonetheless (and this case clearly belongs to the latter option)

If the poster had any motive other than trolling he would post about the wiggins clinic thing in the wiggins clinic thread, and not bait people with his spin on it in the prr.

Dont respond, report. thats the way to deal with it.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Forunculo said:
To be fair I love the rest of selection, Majka above all.

Hopefully the russian friend have a word with the team about Noval and of course let expire his contract:eek:

Yes, I'm happy too that Majka will be there!

But Noval? Eh...

airstream said:
Right, but everything cannot be described with the numbers. Say, pressure, or psychosis in the beginning of the Tour when 30-40 guys are eager to be on the front as if they can win despite on it's for the sprinters. Riders feel differently when they are among stronger rivals. So I believe Basso and Contador because they can evaluate many invisible for a fan's eye things. Contador rode very strongly in 2008, having the only mini crisis on Giau, but he got lucky - LPR thought that he had been eliminated and didn't smash him.
I know tdf puts more pressure on riders (everyone knows). Riders feel differently on such conditions indeed. That's why you should NOT believe them. Basso and Contador said that the tdf climbs are raced faster than in the Giro. That's just not true. Surely they feel that way - and I can't really blame them - but that doesn't make that a fact. Hence bringing such quotes into an argument is completely useless...

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Saxo has sign Kreuziger at 99%

Don´t think I would set the possibility that high, though it´s very likely considering the statements from both Kreuziger, Roche and Birdsong.

But they need more pure climbers and workmen alá Tiralongo and Szmyd, and a couple of good TT riders.

Hope we hear more during the Vuelta.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
I know tdf puts more pressure on riders (everyone knows). Riders feel differently on such conditions indeed. That's why you should NOT believe them. Basso and Contador said that the tdf climbs are raced faster than in the Giro. That's just not true. Surely they feel that way - and I can't really blame them - but that doesn't make that a fact. Hence bringing such quotes into an argument is completely useless...

A rider's perception is far more important argument than any numbers.

TRENDING THREADS