• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alberto has learned a LOT

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Geez, it hardly seems like a year ago that Lance admonished Alberto with the infamous "he has a lot to learn" remark.

But even Lance will now have to admit that Alberto has learned much this last year. The two things that spring to my mind are:

1) Alberto has learned how to Twitter Tweet. No easy feat lol.

2) Alberto has learned how to give Thanks to the Team. Very important.

What else has he learned?

Polish said:
Geez, it hardly seems like a year ago that Lance admonished Alberto with the infamous "he has a lot to learn" remark.

But even Lance will now have to admit that Alberto has learned much this last year. The two things that spring to my mind are:

He's learnt to shut Lance up. Any word from South Africa boy?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
he will learn, Bruyneel cost himself a fortune and immortal status, plus earnt cuckolded status, by returning to StrongArm when he could have won another dozen GTs with Berto.

Polish said:

I heard Lance installed a computer lab in his a$$, so fanboys can surf and toss at the same time.

Everyone who read about last year's Tour knows Contador thanked his teammates after every stage.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
he will learn, Bruyneel cost himself a fortune and immortal status, plus earnt cuckolded status, by returning to StrongArm when he could have won another dozen GTs with Berto.

Nah I doubt it he's already said he might retire when Lance retires

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I heard Lance installed a computer lab in his a$$, so fanboys can surf and toss at the same time.

Everyone who read about last year's Tour knows Contador thanked his teammates after every stage.

Disturbing and hilarious at the same time.! Great post!

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Moose, how do you come up with all these hilarious Lance Corn Hole posts?
They're fuuuuunny!
I also like the ones where your foot ends up in Lance's poop chute:)

But as the late great FZ once said...

But don't fool yerself girl
It's lookin' at you
Don't fool yerself girl
It's winkin' at you
Don't fool yerself girl
It's blinkin' at you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80h_JiOTZs

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Until Contador proves himself a worth adversary, and in today's currency, that is 7 TDF wins! He can 'shut the f*** up".

Walk the walk, and ride the ride. I'd say between Johann and Lance, they'd be around 50 million US in the bank, Alberto... How much in your's?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:
Until Contador proves himself a worth adversary, and in today's currency, that is 7 TDF wins! He can 'shut the f*** up".

Walk the walk, and ride the ride. I'd say between Johann and Lance, they'd be around 50 million US in the bank, Alberto... How much in your's?

Wow...sour grapes much...
7 TDF wins for Lance is great, but Contador has 4 GT wins at 27 and many many years of racing left in his legs.... I'm guessing at this rate he'll have 8-10 GT wins before retirement... +PN, etc etc...

I think Alberto can say whatever the F*** he wants to... but the real indication of his classiness is that he doesn't have to. He doesn't seem to feel the need to talk out of his a$$ like some famous tour winners.

MadonePro said:

This would be spot on if it was anywhere between 2000 through 2005. But it's 2010, so it's not. What it is though is a freaking hilarious display of pseudo-bravado. Thanks for the laugh--not quite MM's level, but funny in it's own special way.

LiveStrong and Prosper! :rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MadonePro said:

On the contrary, being considered a worthy adversary in today's currency comes down to having recent results. LA needs to win something to be considered worthy, whereas there's no doubt about AC's status as #1.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

He learned that Lance doesn't know how to behave well. But he didn't need to learn to thank his teammates.
:)

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Lance doesn't have to say nothing, it's not him speaking, as it never is!

The media will continue the beat up, to sell more paper...

Yeah, Contador might win a few GT's, but then he may not, his team isn't that strong, other's are stronger, the area that has been shown to be his weakness is his teambuilding skills, and he has this year, the master of that, Vino!

Let's not forget, Basso, Evans, the Bro's et al... And he's got some work to do, and if we're gonna spin the line used so often on this forum, let's see Contador tested a little more! If he's clean, i'd eat my own baby batter!

MadonePro said:
Lance doesn't have to say nothing, it's not him speaking, as it never is!

The media will continue the beat up, to sell more paper...

Yeah, Contador might win a few GT's, but then he may not, his team isn't that strong, other's are stronger, the area that has been shown to be his weakness is his teambuilding skills, and he has this year, the master of that, Vino!

Let's not forget, Basso, Evans, the Bro's et al... And he's got some work to do, and if we're gonna spin the line used so often on this forum, let's see Contador tested a little more! If he's clean, i'd eat my own baby batter!

Yada, yada, yada. Lance needs to actually win something against a Tour contender before he should be mentioned as a threat to AC at this stage in his career. So come back when he's done more than get dropped by a cow or gotten shelled out the back on a 1st category climb.

I spy....:rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Alberto Contador doesn't seem to be saying anything with his mouth, except to thank his teammates. His legs are talking quite a bit....but I wouldn't count on him shutting those up any time soon.

Alberto is a classy champion who had the misfortune to get in the way of somebody's agenda. The way that Lance Armstong responded is very typical of how some Americans bully in order to get what they want. It usually only works in the short term, as negativity only attracts bad things. Lance was very negative last year, and it was not the media. We all heard it and saw it.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Yada, yada, yada. Lance needs to actually win something against a Tour contender before he should be mentioned as a threat to AC at this stage in his career. So come back when he's done more than get dropped by a cow or gotten shelled out the back on a 1st category climb.

I spy....:rolleyes:

Nah different guy not near as smart or dumb whichever one. Now to Madone guy you are welcome to your opinion but i respectfully disagree. Right know Contador has nothing to prove Lance needs to prove to his team and probably himself that he can compete with the likes of AC and the Shlecks

MadonePro said:

We all know that 7 TDF wins is an impressive record and even those of us who aren't LA fans must respect the man for this achievement.

All that being said, the TDF is not the only event in cycling and most fans have a lot more respect for racers that race hard and race to win other events besides just the Tour de France.

It's been quite a while since bicycle racing has had a Grand Tour champion that is willing to race to win the whole cycling season and I personally think the sport is better for having that now.

Alberto Contador is also a respectfull champion in the mold of Miguel Indurain and I don't think that acknowledging any of these things takes away from the legacy of Lance Armstrong. In short, there is no need to tear down Contador in order to build up Lance; Armstrong's achievements stand on their own merit.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
peacefultribe said:
Alberto Contador doesn't seem to be saying anything with his mouth, except to thank his teammates. His legs are talking quite a bit....but I wouldn't count on him shutting those up any time soon.

Alberto is a classy champion who had the misfortune to get in the way of somebody's agenda. The way that Lance Armstong responded is very typical of how some Americans bully in order to get what they want. It usually only works in the short term, as negativity only attracts bad things. Lance was very negative last year, and it was not the media. We all heard it and saw it.

I bet the next American Alberto will rub the wrong way is Greg LeMond:(

Alberto is on the verge of EQUALING Greg's record of 3 Tour de France wins.
Greg will be at the 2010 Tour no doubt....and he will be watching Alberto.
Watching and waiting to pounce.

Polish said:
I bet the next American Alberto will rub the wrong way is Greg LeMond:(

Alberto is on the verge of EQUALING Greg's record of 3 Tour de France wins.
Greg will be at the 2010 Tour no doubt....and he will be watching Alberto.
Watching and waiting to pounce.

I think he already did. Remember LeMond questioning Berto in a press conference after Verbier (either after the stage or on the rest day) re Berto's power numbers on Verbier and/or his VO2 Max.

Three-time Tour de France winner Greg LeMond openly questioned this year's maillot jaune, this week, calling into question the Spaniard's dominant performance on the final climb of stage 15 to Verbier. The American, writing in an opinion column in the French newspaper Le Monde, equated his smashing time on the 8.5km ascent to "a Mercedes sedan winning a on a Formula 1 circuit".
LeMond's criticism arose after former Festina team trainer Antoine Vayer calculated Contador's VO2 max (his aerobic capacity) at 99.5 based on the Spaniard's time of 20:55 to ascend to the summit. Vayer, writing in Liberation.fr, based his calculation on an estimated 490 watt average he said Contador would have needed to accomplish that feat.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-climbing-credibility-questioned

TRENDING THREADS