• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Aleksandr Vlasov discussion thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It will of course also depend on how the riders perform ahead of the Tour. Roglič is the big star though, so they won't just sacrifice him the first time he shows weakness, which could very well be the opposite for the other two.
True. As long as we don't get to see those old ONCE trains trying to drag Olano up mountains. That's when having just one leader becomes pathetic.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
It's true, I don't like him. But from the Roglic thread I understood that everyone would ride for Roglic.
Of course they will, I really don't know what you don't understand. If Hindley and Vlasov cover UAE captains, that doesn't mean they won't ride for Roglic. And if Vlasov says that he will not pull for Roglič from the first kilometer, this does not mean that when necessary, he will not work for Primož.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Of course they will, I really don't know what you don't understand. If Hindley and Vlasov cover UAE captains, that doesn't mean they won't ride for Roglic. And if Vlasov says that he will not pull for Roglič from the first kilometer, this does not mean that when necessary, he will not work for Primož.
I don't read the quote like that. For me it looks more as if he's already saying we'll let the road decide, and I'm on the same level as Roglic.

I guess this is another aspect of GT racing, especially at the Tour.

Visma seems like it's in best position, all in for Jonas. Although, Sepp is now a GT winner, so likely his racing will be more measured, not completely emptying himself when pulling.

UAE, Pogi i guess can count on Yates, beyond that i am not 100% sure that riders like Ayuso and Almeida will enter the Tour without some personal ambitions involved.

SOQ hard to imagine they wouldn't go all in for Remco. So i guess it's up to Remco do deliver. Otherwise Landisimo to take over, being free. Masnada next in the line.

Bora, hard to imagine they wouldn't support Rogla fully, at the Tour 2024. But i guess you never know. We'll see.

I guess this is another aspect of GT racing, especially at the Tour.

Visma seems like it's in best position, all in for Jonas. Although, Sepp is now a GT winner, so likely his racing will be more measured, not completely emptying himself when pulling.

UAE, Pogi i guess can count on Yates, beyond that i am not 100% sure that riders like Ayuso and Almeida will enter the Tour without some personal ambitions involved.

SOQ hard to imagine they wouldn't go all in for Remco. So i guess it's up to Remco do deliver. Otherwise Landisimo to take over, being free. Masnada next in the line.

Bora, hard to imagine they wouldn't support Rogla fully, at the Tour 2024. But i guess you never know. We'll see.
Ayuso's 1st job is to beat Pogi - always has ben

His first win since 2022, very strong today.

GIP-aZWWcAARUh_