• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All is ok, Jens has given his reasoned decision

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Le Baroudeur said:
Unsurprising, they are both selling the same line that they had to dope to compete, ergo, posturing that all being clean they would be the best rather than another couple of donkeys like Lance. The notion that anyone could win clean doesn't sit well with their egos nor does they idea they they were not victims but very much at the forefront of the doping race.

It's very covenient to buy into their PR, except they were equaly emphatic in every version of reality they tried to sell to date.

“Not for a second did I think it was going to turn out this way. The bottom line is an innocent athlete was suspended from competition. You could say it's a victory for USADA (U.S. Anti Doping Agency), but I think it's better to say it's a tragedy for all athletes. I'm innocent.”

"I wouldn't have been outside busting my **** (Monday) for six hours in the saddle to come home and hear this news. If even 1 percent of me thought it wasn't going to turn out well, I don't think I could have found the motivation to go out and train like that."

I agree. I don't think they are deliberately lying. I think they are unconciously fooling themselves.

It might be too troubling for them to acknowledge that not everyone were cheaters.

As for Jens, I have no idea, but I would need more than the word of these two.

Some indication of a doping program at Gan in 1998, that all tour particapants had to be a part of would be nice.

Though I seem to remember having read somewhere that it was rumored Gan's manager Roger Legeay who tipped off the police about Willy Voets car.

So if that is true I find it difficult to believe that he himself was running a program for his team.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Something tells me his legs have something to say but he's told them to shutup so many times we're never going to hear what their version of the story is.

:)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
New but it's geo-restricted and so if anyone can watch.. summary will be welcome.

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/radsport-jens-voigt-widerspricht-dopingvorwuerfen.jsp

He says he wasn´t even on a team with Hamilton.
He says Jaksche and Hamlton are the same crying babies, "Everyone did it, so we had to do it".
Doping was a no-go in France after 1998, so he´d never even considered to do it.
Offers to show his bank transactions of the last 10 yrs.
Offers someone to follow him 24 h a day for eight weeks, finally refuses because his wife doesn´t like that.
Says Armstrong scandal has nothing to do with todays young riders, for which doping isn´t an issue any more.
Says he never talked to Riis about doping.
Says he was naive for not seeing anything over all these years.

Just Jens Voigt at his best, denying, kidding, taking 1000 words to tell nothing.

RHRH19861986 said:
He says he wasn´t even on a team with Hamilton.
He says Jaksche and Hamlton are the same crying babies, "Everyone did it, so we had to do it".
Doping was a no-go in France after 1998, so he´d never even considered to do it.
Offers to show his bank transactions of the last 10 yrs.
Offers someone to follow him 24 h a day for eight weeks, finally refuses because his wife doesn´t like that.
Says Armstrong scandal has nothing to do with todays young riders, for which doping isn´t an issue any more.
Says he never talked to Riis about doping.
Says he was naive for not seeing anything over all these years.

Just Jens Voigt at his best, denying, kidding, taking 1000 words to tell nothing.
Thank you.

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Mr_Hansen said:
Some riders were asked if the've already doped today. At the start and at the very end of the clip you can hear a pretty angry Jensie. He even cited the bible: "Those who are without sin should cast the first rock" and then made the zip lips gesture:

http://www.spiegel.tv/filme/doping-radsport-armstrong/

Bottom line, IMHO he is a denier and omertist.

I'm late to this, but...Absolutely! I've mentioned what Voigt said there in a few other threads; here's an English (family-friendly) translation of his full remarks in the original Spiegel clip from which the bits in the link above were taken:

"What kind of bum are you? Have you cheated on your wife
today? Have you cheated your employer today? Have you run a red light? Did you drive drunk ? What kind of an idiot are you? Look at your own soul. Are you clean? Then you can judge me!"

Still hoping somebody has a version of the original Spiegel clip ("Haben Sie sich heute schon gedopt? (Have You Doped Yet Today?") out there somewhere....