• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Allen Lim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Much has been said about this wizard of cycling. Given Landis' letter and his accusations that Lim helped the logistics of his doping makes his move to RadioShack even more interesting. Especially with the falling out that has happened between Vaughters and Lim. According to a Bicycling magazine article, Lim is making ~$500,000 to consult with the RadioShack team. I don't know if that's true or not but it really begs the question, doesn't it?

We're all wondering what proof Landis has. We know from the IM conversation between Vaughters and Andreu that Landis supposedly has photos of the refridgerated panniers used to transport blood during the Tour. If he's preserved this evidence, we are looking at a scandal that will crush some of the big names of the sport. Does he have doping schedules, emails, phone calls, etc to prove it? If so, bye bye Lance, bye bye Hog, bye bye Lim, etc.

The downside is that I think some riders who are potentially riding clean now are going to get caught up in this. Like Dave Z.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
they are not riding clean now. They are doing enough to stay below the radar, yet get enough results to justify their pay packet.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Best guess is Lim continued to do his 'job' well at Slipstream.

Plus he had the cycling media completely in love with him even though he was an insider in Landis 2006.

So it's not surprising Shack would want him.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The financial aspect appears to be driving all of this. Again, Captain Obvious is one of my direct reports. My point is that these people are going to check their conscience at the door, Lim, Vaughters, McQuaid. Landis is a man who had no reason to lie. He has lost everything, if being financially and professionally ruined was the only thing that happened to him, he probably would have kept his mouth shut.

But he has truly lost everything. I can't imagine what it is like to be him or lose that much. It's a downfall of biblical proprtions.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh please let there be photos of USPS riders shooting up EPO while smiling into the camera and making funny hand gestures or pretending like they just did heroin, lol.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
santacruz said:
Oh please let there be photos of USPS riders shooting up EPO while smiling into the camera and making funny hand gestures or pretending like they just did heroin, lol.

how do you pretend like you just did heroin? :rolleyes:

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
One thing we do know is that Lim claiming to be unaware of what FLandis was doing has to be a load of crap. There is no way he could look at the power files during training and racing and not know that the huge increases were not natural.

GAWD I know. I can't stand the garbage Lim was spewing: "belief in clean riding creates winning performances" to paraphrase.

As a fellow doctoral candidate, I can only hope he is banished from cycling AND science.

Anybody have any links for interviews that covers this stuff???

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
drfunk000 said:
Much has been said about this wizard of cycling. Given Landis' letter and his accusations that Lim helped the logistics of his doping makes his move to RadioShack even more interesting. Especially with the falling out that has happened between Vaughters and Lim. According to a Bicycling magazine article, Lim is making ~$500,000 to consult with the RadioShack team. I don't know if that's true or not but it really begs the question, doesn't it?

We're all wondering what proof Landis has. We know from the IM conversation between Vaughters and Andreu that Landis supposedly has photos of the refridgerated panniers used to transport blood during the Tour. If he's preserved this evidence, we are looking at a scandal that will crush some of the big names of the sport. Does he have doping schedules, emails, phone calls, etc to prove it? If so, bye bye Lance, bye bye Hog, bye bye Lim, etc.

The downside is that I think some riders who are potentially riding clean now are going to get caught up in this. Like Dave Z.

Wiggins' blood profile from last Tour did not inspire confidence in Garmin as a 'clean team'.

DZ has had a rep as doper since at least U23 days. Matt DeCanio and Clinger made some accusations a while back. It would be awesome if he is clean currently, but I'm not betting on it.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
But he has truly lost everything. I can't imagine what it is like to be him or lose that much. It's a downfall of biblical proprtions.

So we should give the credibility benefit of doubt to the one who has lost everything? Because he has nothing more to lose, I am very suspicious of Landis' motives and timing since he is unlikely to be sued. Someone might seek an injunction, but why bother? Landis has no credibility. And, I doubt he has now found the piety of Job.

Is Landis now the self-appointed anti-doping messiah?

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
CPAvelo said:
So we should give the credibility benefit of doubt to the one who has lost everything? Because he has nothing more to lose, I am very suspicious of Landis' motives and timing since he is unlikely to be sued. Someone might seek an injunction, but why bother? Landis has no credibility. And, I doubt he has now found the piety of Job.

Is Landis now the self-appointed anti-doping messiah?

He has no credability according to you. Read the threads here and then question yourself how many that thinks he speaks the truth. I'd say that his credibility is rather high.

But sure, go ahead, put on your tin foil hat, look for conspiracies, madmen and aliens. Bend the facts so it suits your reality.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
sida-mot said:
He has no credability according to you. Read the threads here and then question yourself how many that thinks he speaks the truth. I'd say that his credibility is rather high.

But sure, go ahead, put on your tin foil hat, look for conspiracies, madmen and aliens. Bend the facts so it suits your reality.

My asserting Landis has no credibility is interpreted as bending the facts so it suits my reality? Unbelievable.

He may, or may not, be speaking the truth now. That is beside the point I was trying to make and that was lost on you. Madmen and aliens would agree Landis has no credibility. Consult a dictionary.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I feel like an idiot for defending the little F*cker.

Don't. It is part of our humanity to want to believe in the integrity of stars and heroes. But doing right puts us at a competitive disadvantage, especially when the stakes are very high.

Clean or not, it is still a great sport.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
CPAvelo said:
Because he has nothing more to lose, I am very suspicious of Landis' motives and timing since he is unlikely to be sued. Someone might seek an injunction, but why bother? /QUOTE]

If he is "unlikely to be sued," it is because the would-be plaintiffs don't want the truth revealed in open court.

If the allegations are lies, let's see some lawsuits fly and we'll see where the sh** sticks.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
CPAvelo said:
Because he has nothing more to lose, I am very suspicious of Landis' motives and timing since he is unlikely to be sued. Someone might seek an injunction, but why bother?

If he is "unlikely to be sued," it is because the would-be plaintiffs don't want the truth revealed in open court.

If the allegations are lies, let's see some lawsuits fly and we'll see where the sh** sticks.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:

To have lost everything, and then to wake up every morning knowing that you've lied and cheated has to be a motivating force, There's something to be said for confession. And the timing of it, so that every day he doped is still within the statute of limitations, makes it mean more.

I spoke to Floyd Landis exclusively this morning regarding the shocking e-mail that was received by several media outlets. In the e-mail, Landis accuses several current marquee riders, one being Lance Armstrong, of doping practices dating to 2002. The first thing Landis said to me was that he never distributed that e-mail to the media outlets. It was leaked, he claims, without his knowledge.

According to Landis, the original purpose of the leaked e-mail was to admit to doping and to demonstrate to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) how drug doping was accomplished without detection. Landis claims he included others because he was trying to negotiate amnesty for himself and the riders named before supplying the dopers' regimen to USADA.

Talking about the leaked e-mail, Landis said, "I would have preferred that it had stayed private and the result of me coming clean (with this information) would be for the purpose of better doping controls so future generations of riders would not have to make the same decisions I had to make."

Landis went on to say that Armstrong had heard about previous e-mail exchanges between Landis and USA Cycling officials regarding his claims of doping. In an attempt to silence Landis after the Tour of Gila, Landis claims Armstrong called Dr. Kay, Landis' good friend and title sponsor of his current team, and made veiled threats about revoking Dr. Kay's doctor's license for misdiagnosing Landis' mental health.Landis' response was to say he should take aim at Landis himself and not his friends.

Landis replied to Armstrong via e-mail requesting that he not involve his friends but instead attempt to resolve the matter in court. In an e-mail sent May 5, Landis wrote:

"As you certainly know I've been living with a very complex situation for the last four years and have been, for my own sake and for the sake of my former friends and peers, misleading the public about the truth about performance enhancing drug use in cycling about which I have first-hand knowledge. My only goal in enlightening the public and the press regarding these matters is to clear my conscience and thereafter be able to sleep at night.

http://www.versus.com/blogs/2010-cycling-events/cycling-landis-advance/

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
c'mon now..Floyd and Z were roommates in Girona and self proclaimed "buds"..I believe every word and name Floyd spews..The TOC is trashed, so is Lance, but who cares..Lance knew weeks ago and his demeanor in this weeks TOC was a dead giveaway..He's done..Lets see if he lines up for the TDF..

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
sida-mot said:

...his credibility is only high because of his accusations against Armstrong and the readiness of those who want to believe it...but it's not just Armstrong that is being implicated...

..ask yourself if you gave $500 to his "Fairness Fund" and then found out all this crap after the fact...would you give him another $500?...or tell him go fly a kite...if he still insists on denying his confirmed positive while simultaneously unleashing these accusations, what then must one think...there's some serious dissonance going in the mind of Landis if that's the case...

...he wants to sleep better at night?...all he had to do was come clean after CAS rendered it's final verdict...he did'nt and instead mislead fans in a fruitless but profitable endeavor insofar as his defense was concerned...

...i wonder how many here believe that he's still innocent of doping while believing everything he's stated to the contrary...

...Landis has landed where he is by his own design and he's looking for some company...even if he provides a doping protocol it still is'nt proof of anything...the only way you'll get Armstrong is with proof...otherwise it's futile...the guy has MUCH too much to lose in a confession of doping if indeed he has...Floyd has made too many bad decisions and his credibility has suffered as a direct result...the narrative is taking shape already...a disgruntled, bitter, and vindictive storyteller...

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
CPAvelo said:
Don't. It is part of our humanity to want to believe in the integrity of stars and heroes. But doing right puts us at a competitive disadvantage, especially when the stakes are very high.

Clean or not, it is still a great sport.

But what does it say about people who don't care if there is a video of LA/JB&Co. at the EPO factory shooting up and then jumping on a trainer and breaking the strain gauges and still believe his/their denials?

Status
Not open for further replies.