• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

amazingly stupid article about winter riding...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
CoachFergie said:
Would seriously dispute the ride in snow better than any cup of coffee. We have a new Rancillo Machine and I have been schooled up in making the perfect brew.

Cold shower perhaps as all threads lead to you

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
CoachFergie said:
Would seriously dispute the ride in snow better than any cup of coffee. We have a new Rancillo Machine and I have been schooled up in making the perfect brew.

what the hell does this mean? I understand I am no insider via jokes...but what the hell does this mean? your machine nor your brewing capabilites mean anything to this discussion...unless I am missing something...:confused:

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Whatever admiration and envy I have for this woman for being able to commute all year long is overwhelmingly destroyed by her sheer stupidity. The line about motorists being understanding and cyclists that aren't comfortable in the bike lane moving over to the traffic lane is the clincher for me. I'll ride outside in the winter, but only on the weekends or during the week if I happen to be on vacation and I always follow the same rules:

1. Don't ride in a storm
2. Don't ride the day after a storm.

Those two simple rules have served me well and speak to the notion of common sense; something which the author of that piece seems to be lacking. And thus she is the sort that gives other cyclists a bad name.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
CoachFergie said:
Disputing the articles suggestion that riding to work in the snow is a better pick me up than any cup of coffee. I make a pretty mean morning brew!

ah, thanks...just didnt get it at all...but understand now...and agree...:)

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
no biggie and fairly harmless via mainstream media...but "teach cars how to share the road" and that they will be understanding made me laugh....kinda dangerous to be telling newbies this as well...riding a bike is Fun and you can look really good as well, teach others about respecting the road ect...it is healthy fun learning/teaching thing!:D