• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andre Cardoso positive for EPO

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Well, Four-year ban.

As with similar cases in the past, the period of ineligibility already served is likely to be taken into account, meaning his four-year ban would be backdated to start from that date and thus run to July 2021.

See, this is one of the cases where a backdated ban actually makes sense, since he actually was sidelined (essentially banned, though the word was different).
The words are "provisionally suspended."

Re:

RedheadDane said:
I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Given this is what the rules clearly state, you are merely stating the bleeding obvious.

This is a complete joke..cycling unions,federations..association..riders just now are being punished for offenses committed in 2017?..joke..teams folding so paying riders..pro bike racers from all over the world needing to travel to a specific country to vote in an election?
No wonder the sport can't get any traction a TV coverage or sponsors..everyone has to spend equal time and money saying sorry for praising and supporting doped riders..Cycling News w what I expect is not an unlimited budget spent it's time and money interviewing Floyd Landis..and what did they interview him about? Yep..selling dope in remote Colorado..and could there be more? Sure Landis plans to use dope sales proceeds to sponsor a cycling team..
If the Armstrong era didn't get proficient procedures in place to catch and punish drug users the sport is doomed..from Froome to Cardoza..Wiggins and Gianni Bugno this is a complete cluster phuck..for cycling management and infrastructure.
Just now maybe resolving Operation Puerta...a rainbow colors on one of the suspects?
Come on cycling fans demand better

Re: Re:

fmk_RoI said:
RedheadDane said:
I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Given this is what the rules clearly state, you are merely stating the bleeding obvious.
In that case, you're doing even less than that.

TRENDING THREADS