• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The most elegant rider I ever saw. He was one with the bike in whatever condition. I also liked Ullrich's style but have to admit that his body was all over the road in the last 2 km of Pla D'Adet in 2005 when he was dragged by Sevilla. Never was the case with Klody. Even on Colombier in 2009 he was riding like a gentleman. Not a single feeling on his face. I would have yelled at Contador like there was no tomorrow. Not him. Professional like no other. Tignes too!
Have a nice life Klody! You are one of a kind!

McLovin said:
The most elegant rider I ever saw. He was one with the bike in whatever condition. I also liked Ullrich's style but have to admit that his body was all over the road in the last 2 km of Pla D'Adet in 2005 when he was dragged by Sevilla. Never was the case with Klody. Even on Colombier in 2009 he was riding like a gentleman. Not a single feeling on his face. I would have yelled at Contador like there was no tomorrow. Not him. Professional like no other. Tignes too!
Have a nice life Klody! You are one of a kind!
I actually yelled at Contador on the TV :D That was just one of the most stupid things Velasco ever did on a bike. Anyway, it's not like Kloden would ever win anything on Grand Bornand!

Sad to see the quiet man retire. He was a great Patriach but I didn't realise how much until I saw it at the sign in of the Cagnes Sur Mer stage of this year's Tour. Totally holding state at a table beside the stage with him doing the talking to riders from other teams. My interpretation was, OK guys, this is how it is going to be today:)

trevim said:
Keep posting random stuff to keep this thread up here.

HAHAHA!!! Love this!

We need to get this thread of epicness into four figures....

Anyone up for discussing old Klodi races? How about the '08 Giro? A sad race for mine. Could have podiumed, but maybe peaked slightly too early for Romandie, and then got sick. Having to abandon on the penultimate stage... :(

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/giro08/?id=results/giro0810

844837520.jpg

TRENDING THREADS