• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
2wheels said:
I'll be surprised if Kloden isn't riding for Horner by the end of the Pyrenees. The two of them are both staying nicely under the radar thus far, but when the road tips up I think it favors Chris-- in fact, he may be the best pure climber next to Contador in the Tour this year [/B], and his tactical sense is second to none.

That is a really, really, really unproven "fact", one that apparently exists only in your's and Horner's heads. When we've gone into the 3rd week and Horner has proven his Velonews proclaimation, then we might be able to even rate him with the elite climbers in the sport. To receive those types of accolades you have to do it consistently versus the best, not just say it and expect everyone to accept it. C'mon!

jens_attacks said:
levi was never supposed to be leader for le tour 2011 anyway especially after he messed up all the program in tour de suisse going full gas,suitcase of courage gone.hell i can't wait for luz ardiden,that will be the day of truth but i trust klodi,he will be strong no doubt.

Don't tell Levi that. I'm sure he fully believes that his TdS win put him in the top slot for team leadership.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
That is a really, really, really unproven "fact", one that apparently exists only in your's and Horner's heads. When we've gone into the 3rd week and Horner has proven his Velonews proclaimation, then we might be able to even rate him with the elite climbers in the sport. To receive those types of accolades you have to do it consistently versus the best, not just say it and expect everyone to accept it. C'mon!

Both he and Klodi have to make it to that third week except that, according to the exceedingly wise Phil Liggett; Horner is now the leading candidate for RS. That's got to be news to Klodi who still leads him on GC. But that Phil...he knows everything.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
gregrowlerson said:
Jani's crash and subsequent TDF retirement is very hard luck for him. He will have to wait at least another year to discover whether he really is a GT GC rider or not. There are ramifications for Kloden here too. I think the benefit of having one less rival for team leadership slightly outweighs the negativity of losing a potential helper in the mountains. Andreas continues to finish well up on each stage. It seems that he will continue to go well until at least stage 12......then we shall really see the potential of Klodi's 2011 Tour.

Jani is going to ride Vuelta. He made that decision in hospital yesterday.

Libertine Seguros said:
Really depends how he recovers. Fränk Schleck did the same thing last year, but was his performance at the Vuelta truly representative of what he can do as a GC contender in his own right? For his sake I hope not.

indeed doesn't janez has a broken collarbone just like frank had last year? and lets remember that the vuelta starts earlier this year

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I personallly think Kloden will do a high GC ride. He seems to be staying out of trouble and has kept quiet so far, Nobody is really thinking about him.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Really depends how he recovers. Fränk Schleck did the same thing last year, but was his performance at the Vuelta truly representative of what he can do as a GC contender in his own right? For his sake I hope not.

So some bad news. Recovery will take longer as expected.

janibrajkovic
Not the news I was hoping 4. No surgery. Will take same time to recover. Lots of trainer time :)))
http://twitter.com/#!/janibrajkovic

Anyway, the most important is that he recovers well. :) I still believe he'll be able to ride Vuelta, but probably not in top shape.

auscyclefan94 said:
I personallly think Kloden will do a high GC ride. He seems to be staying out of trouble and has kept quiet so far, Nobody is really thinking about him.
So far so good. I prefer him over Horner. He is very concentrated and lucky for now. But we all know we'll have to wait until Pyrenees to say more about his shape :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
after today kloden 100% leader. I'm glad for leipheimer that little turd deserves everything coming to him this tour. but horner I had high hopes for and he deserves a good shot :(

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Kloden is the leader then.

Unless some RS guy is sent off on and early break (Horner...Bottle hasn't been that adventurous) nothing will change. I've said elsewhere that Klodi can now do nothing but sit near Cadel until he is told to do something different (which seems to have served him well up to now). At least they have some support strength for him.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to maybe see Horner go for the KOM or a grand stage win, while helping Kloden Top 10.

This is of course if Horner if even healthy, as I think he had to go to the hospital after today.

Oldman said:
Unless some RS guy is sent off on and early break (Horner...Bottle hasn't been that adventurous) nothing will change. I've said elsewhere that Klodi can now do nothing but sit near Cadel until he is told to do something different (which seems to have served him well up to now). At least they have some support strength for him.

Brajkovic is more likely to get into an early break than Bottle.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Brajkovic is more likely to get into an early break than Bottle.

Unless he and Horner are doing bed races around the hospital halls, I don't think Jani will be getting in many breaks:)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Gah, I'm one of the very few here, but I'm really annoyed that Klöden has turned out to be the best shack GC choice after 7 stages.

Not that others would have been a lot better, but pah.

Agreed. I liked Horner in spite of his constant mincing around that "certain Lance Armstrong" altar they still have in the team PR van. He'd have been more interesting in the hills.

TRENDING THREADS