• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrew Talansky

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
have heard benson skeptical on sky and horner, but always sweettalking garmin.
Daniel Benson @dnlbenson · 2h

Right now Talansky is in the car and heading off to do Tour de France recon for the time trial (riding tomorrow). #dedication #Dauphine

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
well, he's just reporting about a TT recon for tomorrow for Talansky. what should he say?
ow come on, no he's not.
the #dedication tag is a give away.
more generally, i've never heard him question any garmin rider.
for instance, he's been critically pursuing the horner story, but nothing on hesjedal.
nothing critical on the 6-month bans either.
(though i'm glad to be corrected.)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
/skeptic/ don't see what the big deal is /
no, certainly not a big deal. just trying to keep benson sharp.
he seems to support garmin (mainly on twitter).
which is his good right, i fully understand, but i'd personally like to see him keep more distance to garmin.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
B8I0B3gCAAA_L9t.jpg

So Levi is a good guy, but Di Luca ruins cycling.

New generation.

Re:

classicomano said:
Bumping this thread with legitimate concerns, is his career finished?

a35f70fe4f.png
Unfortunately no, he showed enough talent just a couple years ago to keep going with another team.

At this point a change in scenery would be the only thing that keeps his career from being an afterthought.

He's still young, and talented.

Being on JV's team it's not a surprise that he's lost his way.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

No he just bagged blood, I mean trained really really hard, washed hands multiple times, brought his own pillow, pineapple in his bidon, in Tenerife, so aint up to 'speed' :rolleyes:

Re:

classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

If he was French, he'd be another rider in the pack. But Garmin/US riders are over hyped at times. His Critérium du Dauphiné win was very fortunate considering the circumstances of that race.

He's an ok rider he sits in the pack and gets a top 10 now and then. I don't think he has the ability to be anymore than that. Unless of course he joined Team Sky, whereby he'd be winning LBL and top 3 at the Tour.

Re: Re:

thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

If he was French, he'd be another rider in the pack. But Garmin/US riders are over hyped at times. His Critérium du Dauphiné win was very fortunate considering the circumstances of that race.

He's an ok rider he sits in the pack and gets a top 10 now and then. I don't think he has the ability to be anymore than that. Unless of course he joined Team Sky, whereby he'd be winning LBL and top 3 at the Tour.

I don't think he's that much of a lost cause. I think there are several teams besides Sky that could also help him find great form and get some results.

Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

I don't think he's that much of a lost cause. I think there are several teams besides Sky that could also help him find great form and get some results.

yep, it´s fine, it´s just Hog who´s a big fan and always thinks about sky sky sky sky ;)

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

Trek, with all that 'experience'.......... :D

Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

He doesn't need to find great form. He is already showing the maximum extent of his ability. I mean he's not Jan Ullrich for crying out loud, he's simply not as naturally talented at a GT rider.

Send him to Gila, he'll bring home the bacon, send him to a GT and he'll hang in for a Top 15 at the Vuelta.

thehog said:
Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

He doesn't need to find great form. He is already showing the maximum extent of his ability. I mean he's not Jan Ullrich for crying out loud, he's simply not as naturally talented at a GT rider.

Send him to Gila, he'll bring home the bacon, send him to a GT and he'll hang in for a Top 15 at the Vuelta.

Have you seen his results lately? He is capable of much more than he is showing. Perhaps part of it is him, but I'm sure his team is to blame as well. Another team could get more out of him.

Benotti69 said:
Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

Trek is perfect if you want anonymous top 10 placings. Fits right in win Zubeldia and Mollema

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Benotti69 said:
Jspear said:
thehog said:
classicomano said:

a35f70fe4f.png

Trek is perfect if you want anonymous top 10 placings. Fits right in win Zubeldia and Mollema

i wonder what would happen if they had 9 zubeldias on a team,would two of them podium anonymously?

A lot of riders with limited capabilities are ruining themselves by going to TDF instead of Giro/Vuelta where they could finish on the podium. Not everybody has the talent of Contador. It takes time and experience to understand the body mechanics during a GT. And of course the so called "peaking" for a race which is really an art with scientific component. practice makes perfect