• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrey Kashechkin

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Kash won't be back at Astana. He seems to have problems not only with Vino, but also the Kazakh cycling federation. Here is a Google translation of a quote made during a press conference to announce a new Secretary General of the Cycling Federation of Kazakhstan.

Regarding Kashechkin:
After serving a disqualification Kashechkin given the chance to rehabilitate himself - were asked to "play" for the team to speak at the Asian Championship. He flatly refused - has convinced us that in great shape and without special training can perform at the world championships. He believed, but the results were disappointing. It turns out, in words he believes that can do everything, but actually shows the opposite. Vinokurov, for example, took advantage of their chance and two years later returned to the leader of the Astana. Kashechkin should think over this.

Full article here:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.today.kz/ru/news/sport/2010-04-13/24275&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhFcIKv_KNbKp_WsGZ4zTp5HXRh8Q

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm very afraid it will be end of his career. He will never be back with Vino as they are on foot on war with each other and I doubt another team would want him.

Goldberger said:
Why would Kashechkin become enemies with Vinokourov, to race for Astana again was maybe the only realistic team choice he had, why would he ruin it?

I think there was a deal of Astana being uncertain about keeping their PT licence (and as a result not keeping Contador), and especially with Vino having just come back and rejoined their ranks, they were worried that having somebody else coming back from suspension on their roster would jeopardise their chances of keeping that licence. So they didn't give Kashechkin a spot, and Kashechkin responded by burning his bridges, or at least lightly toasting them.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Kash won't be back at Astana. He seems to have problems not only with Vino, but also the Kazakh cycling federation. Here is a Google translation of a quote made during a press conference to announce a new Secretary General of the Cycling Federation of Kazakhstan.

Regarding Kashechkin:

Full article here:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.today.kz/ru/news/sport/2010-04-13/24275&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhFcIKv_KNbKp_WsGZ4zTp5HXRh8Q
that was my google-limited understanding too.

the proskurin chap had frequently bad mouthed him. the details were never clear to me but it had something to do with too much ambition.

another statement from proskurin was that berto too can’t stand kash and made his stay conditional on his non-return.

it was also clear that kash has a godfather in kazakh politics and that's why i dont exclude his return. i’m guessing he’ll be back with astana next year provided kash takes non-confrontational attitude to don vino.

the person who’s best informed on kash’s situation is kazakhnerider, the administrator of astanafans.com. may be he can chip in..

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
I remember there was an article also on cyclingnews where Vino said something like "guys with a bad/dubious past arent welcomed in our team".

Clearly not good at taking his own advice is Vino.

No, the point was that, with their ProTour licence hanging in the balance, and with Vino himself just having returned, he opined that they wouldn't bring in any MORE riders with a bad/dubious past because they already had enough of those, and more would jeopardise their chances of retaining their ProTour licence.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Kash

Finally, he returns to pro-cycling. I do believe Lampre will be a temporary team for him and later he'll rejoin the Astana team, after Vino has retired. If Vino was given the opportunity to rejoin Astana squad, then why not allow Kash to come back to his native team once again, but a bit later? The only thing he needs now is to keep revealing his strength on a constant basis!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Kash. Let he regain his previous form and make us , fans, happy once again!
I do reckon, he'll be an asset for cycling, just for sure.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Konfronto said:
Finally, he returns to pro-cycling. I do believe Lampre will be a temporary team for him and later he'll rejoin the Astana team, after Vino has retired. If Vino was given the opportunity to rejoin Astana squad, then why not allow Kash to come back to his native team once again, but a bit later? The only thing he needs now is to keep revealing his strength on a constant basis!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Kash. Let he regain his previous form and make us , fans, happy once again!
I do reckon, he'll be an asset for cycling, just for sure.

he will not go to astana, ever.

astana is controlled by vino and vino won't retire for 3 years and after that still be the boss of the team. kaschechkin however has his own personal kazach sponsors that allow him to ride with lampre now so don't worrie he will stay around.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

astana is controlled by vino and vino won't retire for 3 years and after that still be the boss of the team. kaschechkin however has his own personal kazach sponsors that allow him to ride with lampre now so don't worrie he will stay around.

As long as Vino's riding for Astana, without doubt Kash won't be in the team. However, you are missing one point: Vino is 36 years of age now ( will turn 37 in September) so even theoretically he won't be able to ride at the decent level in the following years. If he makes it nice at TDF, World Championship, then, as he indicated himself, he will retire.
So being one of the team managers, he could get Kash back into the team if Kash rides perfectly. Kash is relatively young and has potential. Kash might be an asset for Astana. The only thing is how good he'll be. If Alberto stays with Astana, Kash might be of help to the Spaniard. All in all, I am sure, at least there will be lots of trials and talks on Kash return to Astana. As he is Kazakh, he's supposed to ride for the team fully backed by Kazakh Gov.
I’m sure, as long as Kash is not a threat for Astana reputation, the team management will be asked by 'Kazakh sponsors' to include Kashechkin in to the team list once again. It's just a matter of time.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
whether he's a team manager of team rider. he will never get kash back because there's alot of heat between them that doesn't change with vino retiring from cycling and vino has stated he will do at least 2 more years.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
whether he's a team manager of team rider. he will never get kash back because there's alot of heat between them that doesn't change with vino retiring from cycling and vino has stated he will do at least 2 more years.

K, will see!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
My understanding is that when Vino retires from riding, he will become the team manager/director. He will still have a lot of control over the team.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

We'll see. A few goats will change hands to straighten matters out, and everything will just be sunshine.

200px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg.png

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
21.09.2010 | Kash finaly on his way to ASTANA, we know before Oct 1,

Source: http://sport.gazeta.kz/art/?aid=45152

On Sunday in Madrid finished the last race of grand tours this season - the Spanish "Vuelta".
But for the first this time in many years the Kazakh team Astana have not experienced the taste of victory, not only in the general classification, but also not winning one of the stages.
The best result was shown by Australian Allan Davis, completed the final, 21-th stage as third. In the overall standings Astana is also headed by a non resident, and this honor went to the Spaniard Joseph JUFRÉ, who finished 24th, and the winner of the "Vuelta" was the Italian Vincenzo Nibai of Liquigas-Doimo.
The only citizen of Kazakhstan, who defended the national colors with another cyclingteam - was Andrey Kashechkin of the Italian Lampre, he took up the honorary 18th place.

We need a complete new team roster before October 1. While there is time, we need 4 to 5 more riders. Among the likely candidates - brothers Andy and Frank Schleck of Luxembourg, which this year ends contract with Saxo Bank. And if these guys do not create their velokonyushnyu, they can sign contracts with Astana.

Comment
Nikolai Proskurin, former vice-president of the Federation Kazakhstan Cycling: It's a shame for the country to see how Astana did in the Vuelta.

- Team "Astana" made the result? 12-team place, and 20th place or so the best placement in overall of the just finished Vuelta.
And the same Kashechkin not racing for three years, took 18 th place.

Why does "Astana" not ride with more experienced Kazakh riders? Young, Young - how much can you say about this ? Besides Sasha Dyachenko twenty-sixth is in this age of Contador who won all the grand tours, but we have all the people of Kazakhstan are young and hopeful. We took Dmitry to the team he coached to our riders, as he put sporting director, threw it up. We have never so badly performed. It's a shame!

i doubt very much he will return to Astana, at least no anytime soon... He will have no problems to continue at Lampre if he wants to, basically cause AMPO (basque company with a lot of interests in Kazajstan...and now 2º sponsor of the team) pays his salary.

TRENDING THREADS