• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrey Kashechkin

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jens_attacks said:
...he did a pretty good vuelta,give this guy another year and bang he'll be again in the top.

+1

As I've said before, I 100 percent support the right of return for all riders who've served doping bans, no matter how hideous their crimes - but at the first whiff of a repeat scandal, and upon confirmation of a second violation, they should be removed from the paid ranks. Kash is what, 30 now? Easily could have five more years of good performances in the new, clean(er) cycling. Would love to see him race a full season in 2011 but I actually like the fact that he's not with Astana. Some times it's not the right thing to do to return everything to "how it used to be."

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
markene2 said:
I was suprised that he managed a top 18 GC spot. Just a month or two after signing with Lampre. He was out for 3 years. It's says a lot, a half year more now, and he will have the form that Vino had in the Giro.
Well, considering Vino blew his post-suspension Vuelta only to show massive progress this year, we may hope to see even more spectacular coming-back from Kash.

Yeah, kinda fat chance i know.
________
LovelyWendie

markene2 said:
Kash will be racing the Giro. I think i saw it on the old Lampre site. Cant remember.

Huh, he's sure got a funny way of training for the Giro by not racing at all.

Why wouldn't they use him for the Tour? Who have Lampre got of that GT pedigree? Cunego, I think, has finally, decisively given up on GTs, and Michele is doing the Giro. What's the deal, Kash?

skidmark said:

Why wouldn't they use him for the Tour? Who have Lampre got of that GT pedigree? Cunego, I think, has finally, decisively given up on GTs, and Michele is doing the Giro. What's the deal, Kash?

Cunego is possibly a brighter GT hope than Kash. He did afterall get a gt top 10 last year.

More impressively he came 4th yes 4th on that mountian of all mountains ahead of Vino, Sastre and our latest GT winner even. He wasnt too shabby the day before on GRappa coming in the 2nd group.

And before Laquilla he had been right up there at Terminillo and surviving the mud with Evans and Vino.

The ttt cost him big though as it did all of leakys opponents and i think after that + Laquilla he just said screw it for Kronplatz and Mortirolo.

Point is, with the climbing form he showed on the Zonc, + his general brilliance at racing, i think a top 10 is there at the Tour if he wants it, which is more than one can say for Kash who we just dont know where he is atm.

Kashechkin in the Vuelta didn't impress me at all. His best individual placing on a stage was 19th, and even GT superstar Gusev did better in the GC. I also doubt a Vino-like improvement this season, as Vino has always been on a completely different level compared to Kash.

Good and well argued point about Cunego there, Hitch (but he was 11th, not 10th ;) ). I must admit I had written him off as a GC rider long ago, but I can see that he's still got the potential. Especially at this year's Tour, where the top ten is pretty much up for grabs with so many riders absent. Always been a fan of Il Principe, and hope he can have a good season.

skidmark said:

Alessandro Petacchi? Maybe they've decided that they don't care about the TDF GC because they won't get near it. Better to hunt stages and try and defend Ale-Jet's green jersey.

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Squire said:
Kashechkin in the Vuelta didn't impress me at all. His best individual placing on a stage was 19th, and even GT superstar Gusev did better in the GC. I also doubt a Vino-like improvement this season, as Vino has always been on a completely different level compared to Kash.

Vuelta 2006 he was almost Vino's level...

well well well finally some news....

lampre pais vasco:

Cunego,Balloni, Bono, Gavazzi, Kashechkin, Kostyuk, Niemiec e Perez Arrieta

"Infine, sarà interessante valutare il lavoro svolto fino a ora da Kashechkin."

well i'm looking forward to it too.

and i don't think kash will be in il giro,niemec is enough there.i expect at least a top 20 in le tour for the kazakh.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY a new about him!!

but this Pais Vasco is really hard... I'd bet that He won't finish...! but ye... looks like He is only thinking in Le Tour...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really, really hope he will do some showing on Tour.

We might even get history biting Cunego back for taking that win from Simoni.

Not likely though. A man can dream, though.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Nice to see him riding. Blacklisted for too long.
+1

i was pleasantly surprised when i saw him at the Dauphine yesterday... i had totally forgotten he was riding... it has been way too long!

rxgqgxnyfz said:
I really, really hope he will do some showing on Tour.

We might even get history biting Cunego back for taking that win from Simoni.

Not likely though. A man can dream, though.
so he's definitely riding the Tour?

Latest posts