• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
He's only had since July 2011 to be competitive again.

So every rider starts each new season already in form?

He's improved much from his problems throughout last season. I don't know what he'll do this season, but if he does end up showing us any signs of his old self he'll first need a couple races to get in form like every other rider does.

Dazed and Confused said:
For Andy it will be LBL and the Tour again. Grupetto in other races.
Maybe Frank can show something in Oman.

Probably right, but there were small signs last year that Andy was willing to do something in smaller events, going in the early break a few times, it's not much, but it shows some willingness on his part to work on getting better again and it was a regular quantum leap from 2012.

Back in the days when he was only riding really well in LBL and the Tour he did show some strength once in a while he would ride a climb really hard and then sit back, so he didn't always finish races as easy as possible even though the results would some times suggest just that.

BgvOyBxCUAEkkdS.jpg

Ready to race!

Vino attacks everyone said:
if he manages it I will take a Andy avatar until the tour...

What he actually said was:

"...I'm not specifically looking for a result that looks good on paper but I'd hope that on the climbs I can stay with the 10 best in front."

I have my fingers crossed but I suspect your avatar is safe, although he is looking lean and talking the right talk:)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Top 10 is his goal after 2 years of free salary?

o come on.:D Give the guy a break. He seems to be a lot more focus and determine to get back to his best. Nice to hear at least he got some target to shoot for. Not very lofty, but considering in the past two years he's been reduced to a footnote, top 10 doesn't seem to be that bad. (especially compare to old andy who likes to soft pedal all the way until LBL and the tour). THIS, maybe Andy v.2.0

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I never got, what's the problem with people that make fun of someone else contantly.
I guess they lack something, at best.

It's soooooo lame.

By the way, is this a discussion thread, or a who makes the dumbest jokes thread?
That's to some of the admins.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Top 10 is his goal after 2 years of free salary?

Yes, his one goal of the season is to make top 10 in Oman. :rolleyes: did you read Ferryman's post?

ferryman said:
What he actually said was:

"...I'm not specifically looking for a result that looks good on paper but I'd hope that on the climbs I can stay with the 10 best in front."

And +1 to this. Especially the bolded.
Marco Pantani said:
I never got, what's the problem with people that make fun of someone else contantly.

It's soooooo lame.

By the way, is this a discussion thread, or a who makes the dumbest jokes thread?

Marco Pantani said:

It's soooooo lame.

The only thing you can do about it is ignore netserk. nobody else has the combination of mod powers and shamelessness to take the conversation to that place. If he wasnt a mod he would face the light of justice that keeps all the regular posters in check.

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
The only thing you can do about it is ignore netserk. nobody else has the combination of mod powers and shamelessness to take the conversation to that place. If he wasnt a mod he would face the light of justice that keeps all the regular posters in check.

He's no longer a mod as far as I know.

Afrank said:
Yes, his one goal of the season is to make top 10 in Oman. :rolleyes: did you read Ferryman's post?
And +1 to this. Especially the bolded.

My fault, since I based my opinion merely on the CN front page news title on Andy & never bother reading further that he was merely looking to stay with the top 10 climbers.... Quite deceiving title from the CN folks-don't you think?