• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 212 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
My fault, since I based my opinion merely on the CN front page news title on Andy & never bother reading further that he was merely looking to stay with the top 10 climbers.... Quite deceiving title from the CN folks-don't you think?

Yep, that's CN's for ya.

I think somewhere he has realized he needs to take baby steps in other races as well and not leave everything for LBL and The Tour. And I think thats the only way he can make a comeback or at least get some good results.

With Andy its mental as well - he needs to show in other races that he can compete with the likes of Froome. If he can get a leg up here - it will go a long way.

I'd say if he finishes within a minute of the winner on the green mountain - its work done.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
13923040493538001.jpg

"- And what's with the black? It looks like you're going to a funeral!

- Well maybe I am."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsvZGwd8vrI

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
saneguy said:
Andy dropped on the final climb in Oman :(:(

Not good going...I know most will come with a barrage of "its too early in the season for Andy blah blah blah!!"

But this - its sad!

was dropped on the 3rd climb i think, not the last one

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
saneguy said:
Andy dropped on the final climb in Oman :(:(

Not good going...I know most will come with a barrage of "its too early in the season for Andy blah blah blah!!"

But this - its sad!

dropped on last climb? he wished. he was already dropped with nearly 100 guys still in peloton. and what did you expect? his career is over