• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
You are halfway to fanboyism - you are already making ridiculous claims, like Andy pretending being sick to get out of PN. That is already very good. Now in order to make it official (and get away with saying stuff like that) you must put a disclaimer in your signature, like "Unashamed Contador Fanboy" or something like that. That is your free pass to say any crazy sh*t you want and not have to try and explain it :D ;)

Who's that in your avatar again? Looks vaguely familiar ... :D ;)

He's an unashamed Katusha fanboy, not a Contador one.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
All this Andy hating does seem rather pathetic, as does the fact it's predominately being carried out by upset/envious Contador fans.

However I'm curious, we are all aware of the failings of people like Gilbert this season but could someone tell me what races Andy has usually won at this point in the season?_?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
:eek::eek::eek::eek: OK, are you and airstream drinking together?

That is the general idea I got from:

Siriuscat said:
PN - okay I'll believe you but I'm rather cynical of this illness, lose time on a short TT, lose the group the next day then he's sick. Catalunya - meh, yesterdays crash was rubbish, 99.9% of riders would have got up and got going properly.

Also how do you know the crash was "rubbish", did you see it? It looks to me you only assume, and you know when you assume things you make an a$$ out of u and me.

El Pistolero said:

Thx, didn't know that

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

Slight correction - currently unashamed... I was in a world of shame last July, for example :D

Christian said:
That is the general idea I got from:

Also how do you know the crash was "rubbish", did you see it? It looks to me you only assume, and you know when you assume things you make an a$$ out of u and me.

OK, seriously ppl. WTF is going on. First someone predicts J-Rod finishing AGR in 3rd, with Purito finishing 4th. Then we have CHRISTIAN here, who can't tell "Fetisoff" apart from "Siriuscat"..... :eek::eek:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
OK, seriously ppl. WTF is going on. First someone predicts J-Rod finishing AGR in 3rd, with Purito finishing 4th. Then we have CHRISTIAN here, who can't tell "Fetisoff" apart from "Siriuscat"..... :eek:

Lol oops my apologies :eek: :D :eek:

Fetisoff said:
Funny thing is, that while being "comatose" Contador will win exactly the same amount of races as Andy in the same time-frame. And at the end of the season, he will have more wins tan Andy.

P.S. Goddammit... I guess now I'm officially a Contador fanboy (or fan, as some people don't understand the difference between the two)

:D...........

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Nobody of active riders won LBL+TdF. I'd better keep silent about an apocryphal achievement Tourmalet+Galibier. No one will be able to repeat it. Take a note, all that was won playfully as easy as pie. ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Slight correction - currently unashamed... I was in a world of shame last July, for example :D

:

I can get that :eek:

I've only recently forgiven Katusha what they did to Hoste :p

They must be gloating so hard right now towards Rabobank. Still can't believe they let Freire go, hope he wins a few big races to make Rabobank feel even more stupid. :eek:

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
They must be gloating so hard right now towards Rabobank. Still can't believe they let Freire go, hope he wins a few big races to make Rabobank feel even more stupid. :eek:

That + Menchov winning TDF would really make it a knock-out blow for the Dutch mafia, wouldn't in...

(Dream on, Victor, dream on......)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
That + Menchov winning TDF would really make it a knock-out blow for the Dutch mafia, wouldn't in...

(Dream on, Victor, dream on......)

Ouch, forgot about Menchov, if that happens I'll LOL so hard. I don't even care who wins the Tour, so I'll like it either way. As long as it isn't Abandony Schleck.

Keep hoping, just look at what happend to Nuyens. :eek:

I don't get how Andy fanboys can brag about Andy winning the Tour. I would be as ashamed as **** if I or my favourite had to win like that.

The reason is probably that Andy fans are worried that he'll never actually win the Tour so they just brag about this "win".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I don't get how Andy fanboys can brag about Andy winning the Tour. I would be as ashamed as **** if I or my favourite had to win like that

EPIC LULZ :D ;) Several pages before you said you wanted Rasmussen pulled out so your favourite could win

PS. I have not been drinking, just tired I guess. You on the other hand have been accused of marijuana usage by another user IIRC ... ;)

Fetisoff said:
OUCH. They even have Pereiro as the 2006 winner on there... BUUUUUURN

It will be changed after the official ceremony for which there is still no date ...