• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I don't get how Andy fanboys can brag about Andy winning the Tour. I would be as ashamed as **** if I or my favourite had to win like that.

The reason is probably that Andy fans are worried that he'll never actually win the Tour so they just brag about this "win".

I guess the thing is, a while ago Abandondys fanboys realized, that he compares unfavorably to Joop Zoetemelk, since Joop has actually won the TDF once. Now it's more of an even ground (for them)

Christian said:
EPIC LULZ :D ;) Several pages before you said you wanted Rasmussen pulled out so your favourite could win

PS. I have not been drinking, just tired I guess. You on the other hand have been accused of marijuana usage by another user IIRC ... ;)

Yes... that was Red Rick who accused me of that. But every sane forum member saw he was joking.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Omg, so many of you are ridiculous. I really can't find words. And someone dared to accuse me of hatred to all other riders but now is easily posting "I don't know what I'm doing here but I hate Andy". LOOOOOOL:D

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just thinking. Why are we posting in this thread? Where's the Andy Depreciation one? Cause when newbies come to this forum, look at the post and view count of this thread, they might actually think that Andy is actually well liked on this forum

Fetisoff said:
Just thinking. Why are we posting in this thread? Where's the Andy Depreciation one? Cause when newbies come to this forum, look at the post and view count of this thread, they might actually think that Andy is actually well liked on this forum

Good point. Let's move the discussion.

Fanboys and fangirl hearts could be broken when they read this thread

They knew so little.... maybe we should put a warning in the thread title: "WARNING: Explicit hate content."

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:

Any newbie will quickly learn that 95% of threads get derailed after about 30 posts.

LaFlorecita said:
Good point. Let's move the discussion.

Fanboys and fangirl hearts could be broken when they read this thread

They knew so little.... maybe we should put a warning in the thread title: "WARNING: Explicit hate content."

Or you can just put this in and no Andy fans will ever be allowed to read what lays in this thread.

Parental-Advisory-psd63530.png

Their parents won't let them.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to Appreciate Andy's driving in Switzerland yesterday. Can someone check his official whereabouts? :(
Suddenly he's starting to look good for the Tour.

.............What the heck was in my coffee??............

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
That is the general idea I got from:

Also how do you know the crash was "rubbish", did you see it? It looks to me you only assume, and you know when you assume things you make an a$$ out of u and me.

Thx, didn't know that

No mon ami, I saw the crash, in terms of some of the stuff we've seen this year it was pretty feeble. Why would I be mental enough to comment if I hadn't seen it.

YOUR assumption has made you look an ***!

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ahh nice to see Airstream kept up his one man Abandony Schleck charm offensive last night...shame it keeps falling on deaf ears.

Last time....Airstream, if you buddy would ACTUALLY do something on the roads rather than invent more excuses than lance's lawyers for a shabby attempt at being labelled a GREAT then we'd have something we could actually respect about him. I'd love to see him win something on the road rather than listen to whining sychophants lauding up his magical victory at CAS.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
Ahh nice to see Airstream kept up his one man Abandony Schleck charm offensive last night...shame it keeps falling on deaf ears.

Last time....Airstream, if you buddy would ACTUALLY do something on the roads rather than invent more excuses than lance's lawyers for a shabby attempt at being labelled a GREAT then we'd have something we could actually respect about him. I'd love to see him win something on the road rather than listen to whining sychophants lauding up his magical victory at CAS.

Oh boy... :) Who cares? Abandonies (sorry I can't plug-in whether it is an adjective or a noun), excuses, all stuff related to Bryuneel are just the reasons for eccentric haters to show themselves. Like or lump it, the man gives the results in his career. Although, to be honest, yours, LaFlorecita's and others' fan future dispirits me deeply. Andy will fire in July. :p I am already anticipating what awaits the forum!

What a shame?? Do I need a personal permission from Contador fanboys and other people to call Andy a Legend? You are too agressive. One should treat people more gently.

000_dv1007592_600.jpg

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Oh boy... :) Who cares? Abandonies (sorry I can't plug-in whether it is an adjective or a noun), excuses, all stuff related to Bryuneel are just the reasons for eccentric haters to show themselves. Like or lump it, the man gives the results in his career. Although, to be honest, yours, LaFlorecita's and others' fan future dispirits me deeply. Andy will fire in July. :p I am already anticipating what awaits the forum!

What a shame?? Do I need a personal permission from Contador fanboys and other people to call Andy a Legend? You are too agressive. One should treat people more gently.

000_dv1007592_600.jpg

As a fan of Andy surprise me you only expect from him being capable of 3 weeks of racing throughout the year.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The number of his REAL :p racing days doesn't annoy me. Before 2010 I really watched only GT's, so perhaps my cycling vision coincides with his. :D Most importantly, Andy's perfomances encourage me a long time in advance and his climbing is the most aesthetically beautiful thing in cycling. And surely he is a very interesting media personage.

greenedge said:
After all this criticism on his appreciation thread i would laugh if he wins an Ardennes Classic. And this year at LBL he has a big chance to do exactly that.

I don't think he has enough racing in his legs to to have the same effect on the race(s) as he did last year. His prep hasn't been ideal and his abandoning a race when he himself admits that he needed the race intensity isn't a good sign.