• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 258 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

staubsauger said:
The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.

Remember the time that Schleck and Scarponi won GTs, said no one ever.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.

Re: Re:

lenric said:
jsem94 said:
I remember that many of us, myself included, used to moan about Andy so much. Now we miss him. What has happened to the current crop of riders?

Sky train (which originated Astana train).

This, the 2012-2-15 Sky train would have brought Andy back on the Galibier on even before. At worst if the Sky train was Evans team they would have got him within a minute on the climb and Evans would have caught him on his own and passed him.

phanatic said:
staubsauger said:
The history books show that Schleck and Scarponi got awarded a Tour and a Giro victory. Neither one of them has won a Grand Tour eventually.

I hope that when La Florecita writes the definitive history of Contador's magnificent career, she includes my above quote.

I am happy to call all three GT winners imo. All three deserved at least one I guess

Scarponi said:
phanatic said:
staubsauger said:

I am happy to call all three GT winners imo. All three deserved at least one I guess
What someone deserves doesn't matter. Purito deserves a GT win too.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Schleck the Younger's elegance and panache on the bike really is missed. The Wait for the next Tour Champion who can win LBL with a memorable solo attack continues.

4042204-1x1-940x940.jpg

LaFlorecita said:
Scarponi said:
phanatic said:
staubsauger said:

What someone deserves doesn't matter. Purito deserves a GT win too.

No, he doesn't. Neither does AS in my opinion. Such horrible TTists. Andreas Klöden deserves Tour title ;-)

Anyway I am surprised that some people find AS elegant on bike. I don't, but it's great to read that some do, Andy used a bike relatively smaller considering his height - and so do I :)

Scarponi said:
lenric said:
jsem94 said:
I remember that many of us, myself included, used to moan about Andy so much. Now we miss him. What has happened to the current crop of riders?

Sky train (which originated Astana train).

This, the 2012-2-15 Sky train would have brought Andy back on the Galibier on even before. At worst if the Sky train was Evans team they would have got him within a minute on the climb and Evans would have caught him on his own and passed him.

The 2012-2015 Sky train would have Andy isolated in a head group with 5 sky riders, by the end of the Agnello.

TRENDING THREADS