• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck: "Evans is no threat"

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Andy Schleck has said that Evans is no threat for the overall gc at the tdf. Your thoughts on that nasty, malicious, arrogant comment?
Cadel is going to kick Andy's boney ****!
auscyclefan94 said:
I will stab him! He needs to learn to show some respect! I hope Schleck bonks big time at morzine avoriaz!
auscyclefan94 said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Your flucking right! Cadel is going to fluck some **** up on morzine and then on the tourmalet this tour. Watch out you mother****er because Cadel "God" Evans is HERE!!!
ACF94 is hitting some form also!
auscyclefan94 said:
1. wasn't having a hissy.
2. I will put you on ignore
3. You said I only gave half the story when the story is that he does not rate cadel.
4.I am not being dramatic as I think you misinterpret my posts sometimes.

1. It's a debate I am not willing to get into, so I just selected the quotes from you in this thread that led me to the conclusion.
2. Thank-you, I am sure we will both benefit from it.
3. Where was the information? Re-read your quotes, you are more interested in a$$kicking and stabbing. I provided with the link and a bit of back ground from the day before.
4. Your comments are pretty straight forward, I don't think I could really misinterpret what it was you said.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
3. You said I only gave half the story when the story is that he does not rate cadel.

Dude, take a walk, have a beer, hug your wife, kick a cat. Whatever calms you down. Did I read right - or did you threaten to STAB someone? ****, man - you have issues. Wonderlance is a parody, and he doesn't even go there.

Andy Schleck is not by all accounts the nice Schleck. He's put his foot in his mouth more than a few times. Why don't you just point out what he says and leave it at that, rather than threatening to commit grievous bodily harm against someone you've never met, regarding comments he made about someone you aren't friends with?

There's a not so fine line between being a one-eyed fan and an unhinged menace with a persecution complex. Consider where you might lie on the continuum.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
Dude, take a walk, have a beer, hug your wife, kick a cat. Whatever calms you down. Did I read right - or did you threaten to STAB someone? ****, man - you have issues. Wonderlance is a parody, and he doesn't even go there.

Andy Schleck is not by all accounts the nice Schleck. He's put his foot in his mouth more than a few times. Why don't you just point out what he says and leave it at that, rather than threatening to commit grievous bodily harm against someone you've never met, regarding comments he made about someone you aren't friends with?

There's a not so fine line between being a one-eyed fan and an unhinged menace with a persecution complex. Consider where you might lie on the continuum.
Yeah, a tiny bit over the top. It's not like what Schlecklet said was that bad, all he said was that he didn't think Cadel could hang on to the front group, but that he might be wrong. Last year Schlecklet declared he was the best climber in the world right after Contador out climbed him. I'd say he's matured if this is the worst foot-in-mouth he does in this Tour. ;)

We'll know whether he's right after tomorrow or at least have a good idea.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
He seemed to do OK on the cobbles. Granted he had FC to help him but he had to steer for himself. Plus the two of them did 80% of the work, weakness would have showed. He might be whiny but he is also poised to kick some ass when the road points up.

lots of posters here talk about cadel as some sort of pu$$y. but it seems when the stage gets really brutal, he's the one that's there at the end. stage three cobbles in the tour. that brutal rainy day on dirt roads in italy. they guy is an animal when the riding get rough... and he looks so sexy in that wc jersey.

funny that andy is more worried about cadel than basso since cadel is currently ahead of basso by a significant chunk. it just lends substance to my theory that andy (more likely bjarne) thinks cadel may be psychologically susceptible.

i think that used to be true. but really it shouldn't work anymore. cadel is on form and should do well in the mountains, and may very well end up ahead of andy after the tt.

it's sort of like icing the kicker in american football. it doesn't really work, if you look at the numbers. but you gotta do it. and if cadel gets dropped, they can take credit for their clever psychological games. :rolleyes:

Moose McKnuckles said:
I have to say, I was never a Cadel fan, but the last couple of years have made me really appreciate him.

Andy Schleck? Yawn. Whiny b!tch.

Anyone think Andy Schlock would have done ANYTHING on the Monte Paschi stage in the Giro? Anyone? Mr. Bueller?

+1 on both counts.

Besides, Andy Schleck doesn't deserve this Tour after the stage 2 farce.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Well, maybe "deserve" is too strong a word, but I'll be disappointed if he does.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have mentioned stage 2 as that debate has been done to death already.

Yeah it probably has. In any case I don't see Andy beating Contador baring crashes or illness and even as a Saxo fan I'd be slightly disappointed to see something like that determine the race.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94

he doesn't rate cadel? so what?
that's just his personal opinion and he's allowed to have that. people are allowed to have different opinions you know, and they may not always be the same as yours.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
danyela said:
he doesn't rate cadel? so what?
that's just his personal opinion and he's allowed to have that. people are allowed to have different opinions you know, and they may not always be the same as yours.

Well, if he stabs anyone who has another opinion then sooner or later everyone's opinion will be the same as his. It's an ambitious and long-term plan, but I'd like to salute ACF94 for thinking big.

Cerberus said:
Andy doesn't deserve the Tour because there was oil on the road? Yeah that makes sense.:rolleyes:
Look, Andy should be glad that he's still in the race for the podium, because he could have lost 5 minutes in the Ardennes stage if it were not for Cancellara, and he won 2 minutes due to crashes in the cobbles stage. That's just how it is, and personally I hope he won't do so well, because I think the Saxos are a bunch of hypocrites.

As for Evans, I don't see why he would be a worse climber than Armstrong at the moment. A finish like Mende even seems tailor made for him, not so much for Armstrong.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
Having said that i am not totally convinced of his climbing form, he has shown none all year. But we will soon see!

You ARE kidding right? He hasn't shown any climbing form? The Giro was a much harder climbing course than this year's tour, and he showed pretty good form on most days there (he did have one bad day which cost him - the rest were losing a minute here, 30 seconds there, or putting time in Strade Briache - I know that's spelt wrong, please restrain from adding comments pointing it out). He was beaten by Basso in very good form in a parcours which very much suited him with the only big TT being a climb. And they were all mountain top finishes in the Giro, I think there's 3 downhills in the TdF which are to Cadel's favour. He's showing the best climbing form of his life.

I think this thread all went a little crazy once the stabbing threats started.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Look, Andy should be glad that he's still in the race for the podium, because he could have lost 5 minutes in the Ardennes stage if it were not for Cancellara, and he won 2 minutes due to crashes in the cobbles stage. That's just how it is, and personally I hope he won't do so well, because I think the Saxos are a bunch of hypocrites.
THat's you opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally don't believe there should have been cobbles in the Tour. That being said I think there's a difference between a "normal" crash caused by the cobbles which to a limited extend can be countered by being at the front during the cobbles and an "abnormal" crash caused by oil on the road which there's almost no way to account for. The fact that to the best of my knowledge no one in the pro peloton has complained about Saxo tactics to me indicate they feel the same.

PCutter said:
You ARE kidding right? He hasn't shown any climbing form?
"He" isn't Evans, "he" is Andy Schleck who has in fact not shown much so far, he wasn't downright embarrassing in the Ardennes, but hardly impressive either.

Cerberus said:
THat's you opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally don't believe there should have been cobbles in the Tour. That being said I think there's a difference between a "normal" crash caused by the cobbles which to a limited extend can be countered by being at the front during the cobbles and an "abnormal" crash caused by oil on the road which there's almost no way to account for. The fact that to the best of my knowledge no one in the pro peloton has complained about Saxo tactics to me indicate they feel the same.
Except for almost everyone who was in the front group when Cancellara neutralized it, you're right. Lotto, Cervélo, and Rabo have all said they should have raced anyway. Certainly when on the cobbles they were held up behind Fränk Schleck's crash and all of a sudden there wasn't any talk of neutralizing in the Saxo camp.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Except for almost everyone who was in the front group when Cancellara neutralized it, you're right. Lotto, Cervélo, and Rabo have all said they should have raced anyway. Certainly when on the cobbles they were held up behind Fränk Schleck's crash and all of a sudden there wasn't any talk of neutralizing in the Saxo camp.

I suppose I was unclear there. I was saying there's to my knowledge been no complaints about Saxo driving the pace on the cobbles. You're obviously entitled to disagree, but there is a difference between the situations - normal somewhat avoidable crash vs. abnormal almost unavoidable crash

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cerberus said:
..... The fact that to the best of my knowledge no one in the pro peloton has complained about Saxo tactics to me indicate they feel the same.

Cervelo weren't happy and i have read other comments from riders, Nicholas Roche another wrote about in an irish newspaper and others were general comments were there is no way Schlecks, Saxo would stop and wait for others.....as was verified by Sebastian Lang's experience;

Sebastian Lang in OmegaPharmaLotto complains about saxo bank on the same stage not waiting when there was a crash with about 30 riders

"I think it’s unfair to keep on going when none of your own riders are involved in a mass pile-up and then ask others to wait later on in the stage. All the teams have to deal with the difficult conditions and circumstances that can occur on any given stage."

Cerberus said:
I suppose I was unclear there. I was saying there's to my knowledge been no complaints about Saxo driving the pace on the cobbles. You're obviously entitled to disagree, but there is a difference between the situations - normal somewhat avoidable crash vs. abnormal almost unavoidable crash
In both cases you're just lucky to be in front. And if you don't want the GC to be decided by crashes, and if you're such a fan of fair play and solidarity and whatever, what's the difference between the Ardennes and the cobbles stage? There is none. That's why I hope the Saxos will get their a$$es handed to them in the mountains, preferably in the least fair way possible.

TRENDING THREADS