• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Angel Madrazo: A Legend in the Making

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope he comes back to the TOB after that showing of combativeness and being prepared to being up the road virtually the whole time, and then make Spanish Worlds squad next time also.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
José Been ‏@TourDeJose 2m
Angel Madrazo, @TourofBritain KoM and Yodel sprints winner signs with Caja Rural. No new deal with Movistar (via @ammattipyoraily)

Well, ****. I was hoping he'd go to Lampre.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Are you kidding? The guy's punctuated the last few weeks with insane levels of combativity, and now he's moving to a team where he can learn from the best!

I can see it now: team pre-race strategy meeting on the bus. Giant argument over who's going in the break today. And they both go. Every day. And attack each other for mountain points and intermediate sprints. Oh god. :p

I guess now he'll get to ride the Vuelta every year, which is more than he got at Movistar.

Beech Mtn said:
I can see it now: team pre-race strategy meeting on the bus. Giant argument over who's going in the break today. And they both go. Every day. And attack each other for mountain points and intermediate sprints. Oh god. :p

I guess now he'll get to ride the Vuelta every year, which is more than he got at Movistar.
Can't forget Aramendia. He's got to get his breaks in too. It's going to be like a daily version of that Euskaltel TTT with Txurruka and Verdugo pulling Nieve across to the break for the win on Cotobello (that was a great move btw).

The next step is to hire Jacky Durand as a tactical coördinator.

This is actually good for Madrazo.

He wasn't going to get any opportunities at Movistar and at Caja he will be able to ride for himself on all important spanish races plus a few smaller races around europe where he could pick up a few wins.

Also considering that Caja has been slowly upping their game every year and are investing on a long term project, it is actually a very good place for a young aggressive rider like Madrazo.

It's time to bring this back! Kudos campeón!

His surreal speech in the press room after his win has had consequences. He thanked his wife for her unconditional support and went on to say:
She's very different to me. I like sports and she doesn't. She likes reading and I don't. I'm more onto videogames. We're always arguing cause I want a PlayStation but she doesn't. Our kid and I insist to try to convince her. It's now on sale at 295€, I believe.
...and these words came to the ear of someone at Sony:
View: https://twitter.com/lavuelta/status/1167754168075005952

TRENDING THREADS