• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Angel Madrazo: A Legend in the Making

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
upload-files-2012-noticias-04-120423g_705x351cropfalse.jpg

I think Ángel could win this, you know. Rui Costa won it last year. Course will be pretty similar to last year's - one day with a 10km or so ITT and a flattish stage, and a gradual mountaintop finish on Morcuera on day two. Movistar will likely be the strongest team in the race, and they've won all the smaller Spanish stage races so far this season - Valverde in Andalucía, Quintana in Murcía, Moreno in Castilla y León and Intxausti in Asturias...

Libertine Seguros said:
I think Ángel could win this, you know. Rui Costa won it last year. Course will be pretty similar to last year's - one day with a 10km or so ITT and a flattish stage, and a gradual mountaintop finish on Morcuera on day two. Movistar will likely be the strongest team in the race, and they've won all the smaller Spanish stage races so far this season - Valverde in Andalucía, Quintana in Murcía, Moreno in Castilla y León and Intxausti in Asturias...

Will there be highlights?

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd be surprised if he can get a good result here. He was ill in Romandie, although apparently he's recovered. But the main point is that he has never proved to be good enough in a TT to win this. Also the mountain stage is maybe too hard, but i'm curious to see how he can perform there.

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
But last year's Morcuera stage wasn't as tough as this year. I agree that it depends on the field, but I still think that this race, with a mountain stage and an ITT, doesn't suit El Gorrión at all. Anyway, if he's supposed to be a GC contender, he has to start to show it some day, and this may be a good chance.

2ª etapa

1 Sergey FIRSANOV RVL 4:39:59
2 Nairo Alexander QUINTANA ROJAS MOV +1:51
3 José BELDA ESP +1:59
4 Mikel LANDA MEANA EUS +2:07
5 Rémy DI GREGORIO COF +2:09
11 Jonathan CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS MOV +3:10
29 Angel MADRAZO RUIZ MOV +5:10

TRENDING THREADS