• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Angel Madrazo: A Legend in the Making

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I remembered isso talking about him when I joined, so searched forums for Madrazo references from over a year ago, and found a bunch of isso posts from before I signed up.

I was only joking, but thanks for explaining anyways :).

@El_Chingon thanks aswell, cyclists and running on a 10%+ ramp do not go together well.

Havetts said:
I was only joking, but thanks for explaining anyways :).

@El_Chingon thanks aswell, cyclists and running on a 10%+ ramp do not go together well.
Does anyone know how old he is? I vaguely remember him coming on to the pro scene as a neo pro for Saunier Duval(?). I've noticed him doing some great work for his team leaders a few times. Seems like a really good team player and domestique.

42x16ss said:
Does anyone know how old he is? I vaguely remember him coming on to the pro scene as a neo pro for Saunier Duval(?). I've noticed him doing some great work for his team leaders a few times. Seems like a really good team player and domestique.
Birthday: 30.07.88
Height: 1.72 m
Weight: 61 kg

Madrazo_vertical1.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I like where this thread is going (the top)

197158_1871056971665_1098354086_32216252_3190523_n.jpg

cm71.jpg

mer14.jpg

tirreno21.jpg

And some good stories

el diario montanes

¿Menuda etapa! Ángel Madrazo (Saunier Duval) hizo una verdadera demostración de casta y de fuerza en el primer sector de la jornada de ayer del Circuito Montañés 2008 y tuvo su premio en una más que merecida victoria en la pista Óscar Freire de Torrelavega en donde, literalmente por medio tubular, se impuso a Obst (Team 3C) para alegría de los numerosos aficionados que presenciaron la llegada. Y no era para menos, ya que las victorias de los cántabros no son demasiado frecuentes en esta carrera (la última fue la de Vidal Celis hace un par de ediciones).

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Love Madrazo as a cyclist but in some of his early pictures he does stike an uncanny resemblance to the character Fogell in the movie Superbad.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Reminds me of myself at about 11, what with the dodgy teeth and seeming lack of awareness as to what exactly my face is doing.

Why does he call himself El Gorrión de Cazoña?

"My father was a cyclist, he was the best climber of his group and then his friends would call him the Cazoña Eagle (Cazoña is the neighborhood where I live in Santander). I told some friends of mine and they started calling me the Cazoña Sparrow, so the story"

IMG_6430.JPG

No, but results like these DO make him a good cyclist:

8/04/2012 1.1 [Esp] 5 Klasika Primavera Amorebieta 32
31/03/2012 1.HC [Esp] 3 GP Miguel Indurain 70
12/02/2012 2.1 [Fra] 5 Tour Méditerranéen 50
12/02/2012 2.1s [Fra] 4 Tour Méditerranéen, Stage 4 : La Ciota - Col du Corps de Garde 3
22/01/2012 2.WT [Aus] 14 Tour Down Under 39

(already has more cq points than 2011 btw). Last year when he had a chance to go for himself, he was not bad either

2/04/2011 1.HC [Esp] 5 GP Miguel Indurain 56
25/07/2011 1.1 [Esp] 5 Prueba Villafranca de Ordizia 32
26/06/2011 NC1 [Esp] 4 National Championships Spain (Castellon de la Plana) R.R. 63
7/10/2011 2.WTs [Chn] 7 Tour de Beijing, Stage 3 : Men Tou Gou - Yong Ning Town 2
2/09/2011 GT2s [Esp] 7 Vuelta a España, Stage 13 : Sarria - Ponferrada 5

--

Give him a few years and he will be a good hilly classics rider and gt stage winner

Also a couple of stages where he's been strong in some difficult races and has been on the attack late on but been caught hence the results don't show how strong he was - the Tirreno stage into Macerata and the Vuelta stage into San Lorenzo de El Escorial spring to mind immediately.

TRENDING THREADS