• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Any Chance USADA can blow up the UCI in Bruyneels

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
case. It would seem USADA could play the ultimate game by tip toeing the initial report, allowing UCI to enforce Armstrong's ban, and then drop the bomb in Bruyneels case held after the ruling. This would basically corner the UCI.

Any Chance or am I way off on this reasoning?

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
PosterBill said:
and then drop the bomb in Bruyneels case held after the ruling. This would basically corner the UCI.
Your reasoning depends on there being a 'bomb', and that there is enough proof to set it off.
Does USADA have a bomb to drop? Or does Johan have one? Lance? Someone is the UCI?

'Show me the Bomb!'

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Well the hope is that something else might exist in the 800 plus pages we could not read. I hope they expected at least 1 of the charged to pursue arbitration thus giving them the setup. They had so much evidence against Armstrong that they could have withheld plenty of stuff

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
PosterBill said:
Well the hope is that something else might exist in the 800 plus pages we could not read. I hope they expected at least 1 of the charged to pursue arbitration thus giving them the setup. They had so much evidence against Armstrong that they could have withheld plenty of stuff

The 800 pages are all there, under the different tabs of the USADA web page.

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

--> Appendices and Supporting Materials

There may be Johan-specific info, but he's already (in)famous as it is.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
The 800 pages are all there, under the different tabs of the USADA web page.

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

--> Appendices and Supporting Materials

There may be Johan-specific info, but he's already (in)famous as it is.

It's going to take weeks to trawl that lot, so I've just been hitting random attachments. Every one has been good reading. SCA have to be on the case. Sue, sue, sue... for every penny the little s&.t is worth.

Johan's screwed and he knows it. LA is is still in cloud-livestong land.

Maybe LA should google 'Savile' as a lesson: both ex-pro cyclists, both "raised millions" for charity, both with a 'Mother' fixation, both have been under suspicion for years, and both get finally publicly exposed for the a.holes that they are at the same time. On the plus side for LA: he hasn't directly embarassed the Pope or the Queen

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
PosterBill said:
Any Chance or am I way off on this reasoning?

I do think it is likely that Tygart has a few cards up his sleeve, particularly on UCI anti doping enforcement negligence. The question is how & when to play these for best effect.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
I still can't believe Bruynell will not pull an Armstrong.

I completely agree. What in the world does Johan gain by arbitration. I understand there is a career to protect but it seems a bit late for that now, right? What can he possibly say to help his case? I presume he already has had the opportunity to be a corroborating witness. Don't know what good he thinks will come of this hearing but I'm sure glad there's going to be one!

Even if he somehow successfully defends his innocence, isn't he still way too toxic to ever work in cycling again?

el hipopotamo said:
I completely agree. What in the world does Johan gain by arbitration. I understand there is a career to protect but it seems a bit late for that now, right? What can he possibly say to help his case? I presume he already has had the opportunity to be a corroborating witness. Don't know what good he thinks will come of this hearing but I'm sure glad there's going to be one!

Even if he somehow successfully defends his innocence, isn't he still way too toxic to ever work in cycling again?

Seems his monthly salary is so substantial, delaying his inevitable dismissal would already be enough of incentive. Plus he holds some cards in the deck.

el hipopotamo said:

I am not an expert, but i just can't see how he could defend himself. I mean i just don't see how he could fight those alligations in the USADA report.

TRENDING THREADS