• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Any Word?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
With all the 'Team Schleck/Luxembourg' Rumor I was wondering about him as well.

If his career is over as a rider perhaps he will have a managerial role if the Schleck Team rumors are true...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
kirchen and the schlecks weren't exatcly on good terms with each other although that may have changed.

From the link above
"Kirchen was also the first person to visit Fränk Schleck yesterday after his compatriot from Saxo Bank's collarbone surgery. Schleck was in the same hospital as Kirchen's wife following his crash on the cobblestones on stage 3."

for what it is worth

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's an update from yesterday - or as much of an update as still not knowing anything is.

http://bit.ly/a89PIo

"As for Kirchen’s immediate future, the Luxembourg rider is unsure, as he is still awaiting the results of medical tests into the cause of his heart attack. He hopes to return to the sport as soon as possible though.

“I hope that next year I’ll be sitting on my bike,” he said. “Currently the results of the analysis haven’t come out so we still don’t know why it happened. This could take weeks, or even months, it’s unclear what the cause was, so I must wait.”

TRENDING THREADS