• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone care about the tour of Oman?

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Never heard of Van Stayen before. Great to see an other Belgian sprinting talent.

I'm saying Boonen for GC (and possibly for TT)

up & coming dude ... raced Rabo school for 2 years ...

on topic: don't underestimate Tom in 18.6K's of TT ...

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
sTTevie said:
up & coming dude ... raced Rabo school for 2 years ...

on topic: don't underestimate Tom in 18.6K's of TT ...

I know he's descent but he's only got 14 seconds to Cancellara. He lost 9 seconds on 4,5 km in the Vuelta prologue. The only reason there's even a question about who will win is that we don't know Cancellara's form.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Cerberus said:
Cancellara was sick for the TTT, so my money is still on Cancellara.

That's a vital piece of information, thank you for sharing. Cancellara getting dropped in that TTT was very hard to understand.

As much as I want to be original I have to copy your prediction. Cancellara will be the overall leader when the TT is done.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Cerberus said:
I know he's descent but he's only got 14 seconds to Cancellara. He lost 9 seconds on 4,5 km in the Vuelta prologue. The only reason there's even a question about who will win is that we don't know Cancellara's form.

Not trying to question Cancellara's TT mastery, but Boonen lost 9 seconds over 4,8 kilometres even after crashing.

djconnel said:
It'll be interesting to me whether Farrer can hold off BH for the points. CN says F has it in the bag, but I'm far less certain. He's a decent time trialists for short time trials, but this is on the long side.
Don't forget there's a nasty climb there as well. Would be a big surprise of Farrar gets any points at all in my opinion. Then again, "no one" really cares who wins the points jersey in minor races like this.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
djconnel said:
It'll be interesting to me whether Farrer can hold off BH for the points. CN says F has it in the bag, but I'm far less certain. He's a decent time trialists for short time trials, but this is on the long side.

Prepare for a surprise tomorrow. EBH will deliver a killer TT.

djconnel said:

Please, don't call him BH? In norwegian, that means brystholder, which means brassiere. everytime I see the acronym EBH, I can't help thinking "electronic bra".

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Unless he's ****ed up mentally due to the fact that everyone has been discussing his pee for the last 2 days :p

No, today's exercise was just to show that he's up there with the best, saving strength for tomorrow. Don't believe me?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Please, don't call him BH? In norwegian, that means brystholder, which means brassiere. everytime I see the acronym EBH, I can't help thinking "electronic bra".

Your problem. Get over it. EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH, EBH. Feeling better now?
:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
if things stay the same overnight with the gc standings this will be the overall for how I see it after the tt. It's a rough estimate.

Cancellara (SAX)
Pinotti (HTC)
Boonen (QSI)
Schar (BMC)
Lang
O'Grady (SAX)
Meyer (GAR)
Bennati (LIQ)
Burghardt (BMC)
Klier (CTT)
Lemoine (Saur)

I'm sticking with my gc estimations for tonights stage...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:

LOL Bets nickname EEVVAARR.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
still find it surprising no one is mentioning geraint thomas, the guy has been concentrating on shorter time trials only, plus before his spectacular crash in tirreno adriatico last year in the clm he was fastest (i read this somewhere so feel free to shoot me if im wrong). i dont think boonen has it over 18km with a hill

A

Anonymous

Finally seen the highlights..

Seems everyone was happy with team sky driving while they where doing it and where joining in with them.

When EbH stopped to Pee, Cervelo and Boonen went for it big time, and Boonen was doing a lot of the encouraging.. Out of order.. Very dissapointed in Cervelo, they are a team I like, but i dont like that tactic at all..

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Finally seen the highlights..

Seems everyone was happy with team sky driving while they where doing it and where joining in with them.

When EbH stopped to Pee, Cervelo and Boonen went for it big time, and Boonen was doing a lot of the encouraging.. Out of order.. Very dissapointed in Cervelo, they are a team I like, but i dont like that tactic at all..

where highlights at dim?

anywhere but youtube cos of the Great Firewall