• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone care about the tour of Oman?

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Who was third? If EBH beat Cancellara by that much, I want to know how much he beat the "normo's" by!

maltiv said:
Don't forget there's a nasty climb there as well. Would be a big surprise of Farrar gets any points at all in my opinion. Then again, "no one" really cares who wins the points jersey in minor races like this.

I'm sure Farrar would have loved to win the points jersey.

Anyway, CN needs to be a bit more careful with its math :).

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
yes.

Roger hammond for cervelo lost 2 minutes in 18K so probably should of kept his mouth shut the other day.. Svien Tuft is a decent "tester" but lost 1.30 minutes!

A

Anonymous

sublimit said:
yes.

Roger hammond for cervelo lost 2 minutes in 18K so probably should of kept his mouth shut the other day..

No doubt he will find someone to blame for that..:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
if things stay the same overnight with the gc standings this will be the overall for how I see it after the tt. It's a rough estimate.

Cancellara (SAX)
Pinotti (HTC)
Boonen (QSI)
Schar (BMC)
Lang
O'Grady (SAX)
Meyer (GAR)
Bennati (LIQ)
Burghardt (BMC)
Klier (CTT)
Lemoine (Saur)

1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank 16:02:52
2 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Pro Cycling Team 0:00:28
3 Cameron Meyer (Aus) Garmin - Transitions
4 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0:00:31
5 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:00:47
6 Niki Terpstra (Ned) Team Milram 0:00:54
7 Marcus Burghardt (Ger) BMC Racing Team 0:01:02
8 Martin Velits (Svk) Team HTC - Columbia 0:01:07
9 Jurgen Van De Walle (Bel) Quick Step 0:01:12
10 Daniel Oss (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:01:13

I might just keep away from predicting race results and winners for races like this:eek:

Probably a bit naive not putting EBH up there...

A

Anonymous

I do think, there needs to be a better answer than a TT, there is no way in a 6 stage race should have the top three in the gc being the top three in the TT..

And that, is why a TT in the tour down under would be idiotic.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
I do think, there needs to be a better answer than a TT, there is no way in a 6 stage race should have the top three in the gc being the top three in the TT..

And that, is why a TT in the tour down under would be idiotic.

Then it would purely be a sprinters race...

I've quite enjoyed Tour of Oman and i personally think it is a better race than qatar

auscyclefan94 said:
Then it would purely be a sprinters race...

I've quite enjoyed Tour of Oman and i personally think it is a better race than qatar

But a TT in a race like this, renders the rest of the race rather meaningless, no? Just like Qatar and TdU would be, if a final TT decided everything. But then, all of these events are meaningless, in the sense that they're only warmup for the real racing. Het Volk only a week away!