April 29th, Tour de Romandie - Stage 3: Thierrens - Neuchatel, 165.7 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Ben Swift beat Freire in the sprint for 4th, nice going there.

It does look like Vino pushed Cherel into the barriers, I'll be surprised if he isn't relegated.

Mar 8, 2010
Cool, that was a surprising sort of finish. :D
Some variety.

Stop crying AG2R man, or Vino will sent you to Kazakh desert :p

Jan 11, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
This is so typical. Working the entire stage, and then having no one to work in the final 2km :eek:
Yeah, for some reason you just know that if Rabo take the initiative from the start, they won't win. That just doesn't work for them.

Jul 16, 2010
Cherel moved to the far inside to begin with. His own fault. Vino has no reason to intentionally push him into the barrier.

Sep 25, 2009
python said:
vino said the same on his fan site...' rabo will be trying to control'.

but i have a sneaky feeling vino
could be cooking something too :cool:
hard not quote vino's prediction and my trust in his sneakiness :p

Jul 16, 2010
I wanted to go on this thread and say I hope Vino wins the overall and I see he won a stage instead :p

Good day, hope he doesn't get DQ. And I hope he wins the overall as well.

Jun 16, 2009
roundabout said:
What do barriers have to do with Vinokourov's swerving?
It seemd like it because Cherel had to go outwards because of the barriers. If he did swerve well it was very small amount.

Mar 31, 2010
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Vino will get disqualified.

A win for the AG2R guys
why would he get disqualifie,d he sprinted pretty much in a straight line. cherel shouldn't have jumped into a gap that wasn't there

Sep 16, 2009
Parrulo said:
martin not leading out lol?

i guess htc has no sprinters there
HTC sprinters got distanced on the last climb. There were 4 of them in that group that arrived a minute behind trying to catch back up. Howard was in there with Renshaw.

ASK THE COMMUNITY