• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

April 30th, Tour de Romandie Stage 4 ITT: Aubonne - Signal-de-Bougy, 20.1km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
ok sorry for that take back my words. he was pretty defensive before the worlds and his second places and third were always dissapointing at least now he wins!

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
well his riding kinda did, he never attacked and always got those 2nd places.

First of all, he has been always an attacker. That "wheel sucker" thing is mostly a media lie, easily dismissed if you watch real cycling. And two second places at the TdF is far from being a bad rider.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Talansky ride of the day?

He was only 10 minutes before Dave & Tony, when the wind had definately already become an issue - not sure whether he ghosted in just before it picked up.

Definately very nice ride by Talansky. The whole race actually. And as someone else said, he would probably have been a major thread for a podium spot if he hadn't crashed on the prologue.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
World Tour is really becoming just about Belgium and Australia lol.

Anyway can't wait for the real one week stage races: Tour de Suisse and the criterium du Dauphiné.

There will be no Tony Martin to worry about there.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
no need to bring him to the clinic, he is one of the cleanest riders in the peloton. he was always a bridesmaid in silence lotto now he is try happy.

Michielveedeebee said:
any thoughts on Kreuziger? Better time than millar, Menjsov etç but way down on Evans, Martin. So not too bad I'd say

Yeh reasonable.

Time was before the wind so it probably needs downgrading a bit.

But a good enough hit out before the Giro, shows some signs of form without overachieving.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
ok sorry for that take back my words. he was pretty defensive before the worlds and his second places and third were always dissapointing at least now he wins!
Yeah, it'd be very typical for Evans to get second and both at Tirreno and Romandie. This year he's both tipped in his favour.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
World Tour is really becoming just about Belgium and Australia lol.

Anyway can't wait for the real one week stage races: Tour de Suisse and the criterium du Dauphiné.

There will be no Tony Martin to worry about there.
You mean those races no one really wants to win?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Because euro****e and the tv producers didn't show cadel on the podium, here is a pic from chiara passerini

4rhyv9

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
You mean those races no one really wants to win?

Those who are not good enough for the Tour will want to win. But not the real big boys no. That would be stupid. You can't ride the Giro and Dauphiné together.

I'm talking about the course. Stage race courses so far have been designed for Tony Martin it seems. Not that I mind too much, but it's time for some real mountains now.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Kind of a better result than going to the Ardennes against the freak. Being cautious pays off in this case.

It would of been nice to see him in the ardennes, he would of given a good show.

Dave Z looks goof for California, he will be a favourite.

TRENDING THREADS