• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arctic Race of Norway 2017 (2.HC) 10/8-13/8.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ToreBear said:
With the way the weather has been in Bergen this year, the rain here is perfect preparation for the worlds.

Ps. The general area the race is in this year, is where the planned defensive line where Norway would make a stand in case of a Soviet invasion during the cold war. There were a lot of fortifications and stuff here, but a lot of that has been removed.

If there is one thing that is guaranteed when it comes to Worlds in Bergen: It´s gonna rain!

Full on fight between Korsæth and Hofstetter on an intermediate sprint. Hofstetter tries to push Korsæth of the road when he goes on his inside. They had a long quarrel afterwords. Will be interesting to see if Hofstetter gets to start tomorrow.

Re:

Norbea said:
Full on fight between Korsæth and Hofstetter on an intermediate sprint. Hofstetter tries to push Korsæth of the road when he goes on his inside. They had a long quarrel afterwords. Will be interesting to see if Hofstetter gets to start tomorrow.

Perhaps the midnight sun is keeping people up at night?

Anyway, impressive victory by Jensen.

Re: Re:

Monte said:
Ricco' said:
I wonder how many times a week they train fighting at Cofidis.

https://twitter.com/hugohofstetter

ANyone know french and can translate what he is saying in his twitter responses?

"For those putting inappropriate comments, watch the race! The guy isn't pulling for 30KM, then he contests the sprint! He isn't anywhere for the green jersey classification, nor in the GC so he has no use for bonifications. He said that it was race tactics not to pull?"

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Monte said:
Ricco' said:

ANyone know french and can translate what he is saying in his twitter responses?

"For those putting inappropriate comments, watch the race! The guy isn't pulling for 30KM, then he contests the sprint! He isn't anywhere for the green jersey classification, nor in the GC so he has no use for bonifications. He said that it was race tactics not to pull?"

Ye that seems legit. Its his first year as pro and he told the national TV that he got all his orders on his ear and he just followed it.. Bad thing to do, and bad decicions made by the sport director of Astana.. I blame none of the riders (though, the light punch was bad), only the stupid sport director of AStana making bad decisions and breaking unwritted rules..

Maybe thats why Astana didnt make any complaints to judges after..

ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Monte said:
Ricco' said:

I can understand why Hofstetter would get frustrated and angry, but no reason to get physical.

Norbea said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Monte said:
Ricco' said:

I can understand why Hofstetter would get frustrated and angry, but no reason to get physical.
I completely agree, i just translated his twitter feed.

Norbea said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Monte said:
Ricco' said:

Yeah, anyone is entitled to get upset, even if it makes little sense.

Personally I don't care much for "unwritten" rules. It wasn't in the neutral zone, the dude is allowed to sprint. Heck, a rider can even sit in a group and not take any pulls. Who cares...sure maybe other riders won't like him, but it's not illegal.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

jsem94 said:
Says it all about this field really when Dylan can be at front for damn near 1.5km on his own and still be 2nd.

August Jensen needs to get a move to a bigger team though, move up from the Conti races.

Lol @ Cofidis though.

He is going to WT team next year, he just refuses to say what team..

And another funny fact from Today is that his Win might mean that Norway gets 9 riders to Worlds in Bergen this year, and he wasnt in the initial 6 that are somewhat clear for the worlds (Kristoff, Eiking, Boasson, Bystrøm, Korsæth, Skjerping) ..

He won the stage and a ticket to the worlds it seems. Norway battle POland for the 10th place in NATIONS cup in UCI, and we lead by 150 points now..

3 others is the U23 Champ Halvorsen, August Jensen and the last one is a guess.. Bjørn Tore Hoem.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The Tromsø stage tomorrow should be fun to watch, with that circuit you could also have one hell of a WC route.
Ok, maybe the weather would be a bit unpleasant for a few riders. :D

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
The Tromsø stage tomorrow should be fun to watch, with that circuit you could also have one hell of a WC route.
Ok, maybe the weather would be a bit unpleasant for a few riders. :D

Weather is predicted to be half way sunny all day, and 13 Celcius .. I wear shorts in that temp..

TRENDING THREADS